What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine hose upgrades

David Spry

Reaction score
Hello Friends
I have a mint rcz, I have seen on websites, under the bonnet , a mix of red and blue, hoses, I wish to upgrade, to make the engine bay look good, also hoping a increase performance!,
hoping for some advice, and where to buy here in Australia
many thanks
Regards
David Spry

M19YEA

Reaction score
Hi David
There’s one or two of us looking to do the same, I know Pedro has the blue silicone hoses and Kenneth has also purchased some. I will be getting some soon too.
Not sure if it offers much in terms of performance.
Try looking on forge motorsport site and MTC motorsport.

Kenneth

Reaction score
Hi David
There’s one or two of us looking to do the same, I know Pedro has the blue silicone hoses and Kenneth has also purchased some. I will be getting some soon too.
Not sure if it offers much in terms of performance.
Try looking on forge motorsport site and MTC motorsport.
I went with Forge ones just to eliminate any potential problems nothing to do with performance gains. If there’s any then I haven’t noticed. You’d probably need to fit stuff like those as part of any messing about with power increases but that’s not why I did it. I stick a K&N filter in too. Haven’t noticed any gain in power from that either. The mechanic said they were worth having so I got one. He has run them in all his cars he says.

Forge seem like a good outfit all the same. Not fly by nights anyway

M19YEA

Reaction score
You noticed anything different at all Kenneth?

Kenneth

Reaction score
You noticed anything different at all Kenneth?
Not really to be honest. Mine was going well beforehand anyway. It does look nicer under the bonnet though. There’s maybe a slight performance uplift but without knowing what the figures were before and after I certainly can’t tell. I had no issues prior though. Shouldn’t get any cracks or splits now though .

M19YEA

Reaction score
Ah fair enough that’s good.
They do look on the website I must admit. I may end up with red air intake and black coolant hoses.

Kenneth

Reaction score
Ah fair enough that’s good.
They do look on the website I must admit. I may end up with red air intake and black coolant hoses.
My OCD meant I had to have a matching set. Not that the lower pipes are hugely visible.

you’ll really notice the red one though

I got him to fit the oil feed pipe line I got elsewhere too. None of it made any actual difference as far as performance goes but I know it will help longer term. Definitely good quality kit though. Better than OE

M19YEA

Reaction score
I might email forge before purchase to see if they plan to have any coolant red hoses in stock. That way I keep the theme 😂