What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine fault THP200

A

Anonymous

Hi my name is Ian and I have a 308GT THP 200 which is almost 3 years old and has 21000 miles on clock.in April 2012 had warning light appear "anti pollution system faulty" and "engine management system faulty" coupled with loss of power.Went into Dealer for investigation which lethem to having it for 3 weeks and after ref to Peugeot the cylinder head was replaced!Said that it was now cured.Lo and behold car back with dealer today after same warning messages appeared at the weekend+loss of power!!
Was thinking of an RCZ only last week but not sure if this is a common fault with the 200bhp engine or I have a rouge one!!
Any similar experiences amongst RCZ owners??

A

Anonymous

Welcome, same engine as RCZ and it seems like all UK cars suffering from the same issues.

A

Anonymous

Had my 200thp rcz since July 12 now. The car has now done 16k miles, when I bought it only had 3k and is on a 61 plate. Engine and car hasn't missed a beat to date but understand others have done. Can happen in any make of vehicle and if under warranty still it isn't an issue. Just the luck of the draw I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
Had my 200thp rcz since July 12 now. The car has now done 16k miles, when I bought it only had 3k and is on a 61 plate. Engine and car hasn't missed a beat to date but understand others have done. Can happen in any make of vehicle and if under warranty still it isn't an issue. Just the luck of the draw I'm afraid.

Put much better than what I did, thats what I meant to say :beer:

A

Anonymous

I'll echo the above, most owners have no problems. Forums do tend to give slightly unbalanced views/representations as people will pose questions when things go wrong but not so much when things just work...

But with that said, something to bear in mind is that it's the same engine as used in the Mini Cooper (it was a joint development between BMW and Peugeot) so you could look on their forums too for even more info.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2