What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine fault P1030 and P1062

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Hello y'all,

I recently had my check engine light turn on and power loss on the highway but the engine kept running smooth so I drove to a Peugeot dealer the next day to read the error codes.

They said it is P1030 and P1062 so the cylinder head may have to be replaced or it could also be the motor that turns the variable valves.

They deleted the codes and since then it didn't came back once.
Almost 3 weeks have passed now.

I don't know if I should wait and hope that it doesn't come back or if I should repair it immediately. I have a warranty from my dealership I bought my rcz from but it runs out in one month. If I understood correctly they would cover about half the cost of those kind of repairs.

But that would still leave me with about 2k worth of repair cost for a problem no one's sure if it's actually the sprocket in the cylinder head or not.

Does anyone here have advice for me?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: my RCZ is a 2011 thp 200 model with about 132.000 km on the clock.

If further information is required please tell me.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Leave it as long as its running ok these codes can relate to the VVT worn gear or motor

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
Leave it as long as its running ok these codes can relate to the VVT worn gear or motor
Yes. When it's that worn gear, repairing it requires a whole new cylinder head. That would be quite an expensive repair.
Hope it was just a hiccup by the motor and it keeps running smooth

liljon0985

Reaction score
That is BIZZARE! this exact thing has happened to me, literally, yesterday & today..

I have the THP200, 2012, 60,000 miles, Just had a brand new bigger battery, coils packs, spark plugs, the timing chain, sprockets, guides, tensioner, everything along with the solenoids replaced, EML comes on yesterday with the x2 warning beeps - repair needed, went to dealer today to diagnose, they explained P1030 & P1062 and that the warranty would only cover up to £3,000, which is basically just the cylinder head and I would be then liable to pay for the valve lift system and labour, which would be £2,000 upwards 😩

The EML has now gone out on its own and the car actually runs like new and the fuel economy is so much better, especially since the chain was changed.

It gives me hope that your EML has not come back on in 3 weeks though!, it took 300 miles after my timing chain replacement for this one to surface, so thinking I might reset the clock and wipe the codes and see if it comes on again in 300 miles or less, then maybe just rinse and repeat until the engine falls out..🤭

I love this car, but this car doesn't love me.

Hopefully it was just a hiccup or gremlin!

If not, I think it might be time to say goodbye tbh, I've had it less than a year too 😢

I am going to have this looked at independently next week and update if I get any good or positive news, e.i, cylinder head fine and just replace valve lift system etc, if possible, as the Peugeot dealer didn't actually strip it down to investigate 😉🤞

Watch this space..

Pedro

Reaction score
Changing the VVT valve usually cures this issue I think Marmite did it on his R saying that filthy oil sends these units bonkers together with all the other oil sensitive sensors in these engines

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
That is BIZZARE! this exact thing has happened to me, literally, yesterday & today..

I have the THP200, 2012, 60,000 miles, Just had a brand new bigger battery, coils packs, spark plugs, the timing chain, sprockets, guides, tensioner, everything along with the solenoids replaced, EML comes on yesterday with the x2 warning beeps - repair needed, went to dealer today to diagnose, they explained P1030 & P1062 and that the warranty would only cover up to £3,000, which is basically just the cylinder head and I would be then liable to pay for the valve lift system and labour, which would be £2,000 upwards 😩

The EML has now gone out on its own and the car actually runs like new and the fuel economy is so much better, especially since the chain was changed.

It gives me hope that your EML has not come back on in 3 weeks though!, it took 300 miles after my timing chain replacement for this one to surface, so thinking I might reset the clock and wipe the codes and see if it comes on again in 300 miles or less, then maybe just rinse and repeat until the engine falls out..🤭

I love this car, but this car doesn't love me.

Hopefully it was just a hiccup or gremlin!

If not, I think it might be time to say goodbye tbh, I've had it less than a year too 😢

I am going to have this looked at independently next week and update if I get any good or positive news, e.i, cylinder head fine and just replace valve lift system etc, if possible, as the Peugeot dealer didn't actually strip it down to investigate 😉🤞

Watch this space..
Aww dang after such an investment another fault 😩

For me nothing has changed since this post.

If it happens again I'll go to another dealer and ask them.

Crossing fingers for you!