What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine fault and Limp home mode -Any ideas?

hectorshaus

Reaction score
I've had my 156bhp RCZ for about a month now, 2011 with about 43k miles. It's been running beautifully. I was driving into work this morning, accelerating off a roundabout on a dual carriageway when it went into limp home mode and the engine fault light came on. I limped on for a mile or so then pulled into a lay by. I switched off the engine for a minute or so then restarted. The light still came on, but when I drove off it was no longer in limp home mode. Although I didn't floor it, there didn't appear to be any restriction on speed or revs.

When it happened I was accelerating hard in 2nd gear, and may have hit or got near the rev limiter. Has anyone got any ideas what the fault could be? I've done a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything similar, and I don't have access to a fault code checker.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, could be a multitude of things :eusa-think: most common one being coil packs which if weak can throw a wobbler on hard acceleration. Another common problem is timing issues do you know if your car has had the timing kit changed? You would probably notice an increase in noise from cold start up though.
You need to have a diagnostic done though to properly trace your he issue.
Good luck hope you get it sorted. :thumbup:

hectorshaus

Reaction score
Quick update. I drove home with the warning light still on but not in limp mode. Was half way to the garage to leave it with them when there was a beep and light went out. Ran the dashboard diagnostic check and nothing came up. Seems to have fixed itself (fingers crossed!) :thumbup: