What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Fan

A

Anonymous

Hi People
Could any one tell me whether their RCZ engine fan comes on intermittently. It comes on a lot but not all of the time even on short journeys. I've noticed it's been doing this since I had the car 6 months ago however I hadn't thought much about it til it broke down 2 months ago with "coil " problems which the dealer I bought it off repaired.
Not sure what to think ad its winter but still comes on and the engine temp is fine
Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Hi Pete
Thanks very much for the reply. I appreciate it.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
In any weather, your engines going to get hot with use. So it depends on how often and quickly your water gets over a temperature that wont cool the engine.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I got my car in August, the fan came on a lot, and stayed on for some time after it was parked & turned off. I did worry a little at the time, and even made a post on the forum about this.
The fan still comes on every time I drive the car, but probably not as much at this time of year.

I think this seems to be just "normal" for this model of car. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
I got my car in August, the fan came on a lot, and stayed on for some time after it was parked & turned off. I did worry a little at the time, and even made a post on the forum about this.
The fan still comes on every time I drive the car, but probably not as much at this time of year.

I think this seems to be just "normal" for this model of car. :eusa-think:

Thanks very much for the replies. This seems to be normal on the RCZ so I won't worry about it now. I just wanted to see if others experienced this too.
Thanks again people