What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine Fan staying on and draining the battery ( faulty sensor)

Jules

Reaction score
Hi
i had this issue with engine fan still running once switch the engine off. I have taken the fuse out, car still runs fine. Now ive had it to a mechanic who took the sensor out and cleaned it and it was ok for about a month, now same problem has occurred, I want to sort this problem myself, but unsure where to locate the sensor! can anyone help? so i can do this job myself??
many thanks
Jules

cambo

Reaction score
What sensor are you referring to? On mine the temperature sensor was dodgy and spiking in resistance and giving a high temperature alarm and triggering the fan on full speed.

Jules

Reaction score
What sensor are you referring to? On mine the temperature sensor was dodgy and spiking in resistance and giving a high temperature alarm and triggering the fan on full speed.
Hi,
Yes that's the same for me, I've taken the fuse out for the time being, as it was flattening the battery. The temperature gauge is where it should be, but fan constantly on, the sensor was cleaned up and worked fine for about a month, but now doing the same again, so I guess a new sensor is in order! and I would like to fix the problem myself, but unsure where to locate it 😊

Silverbullit

Reaction score
Hi
i had this issue with engine fan still running once switch the engine off. I have taken the fuse out, car still runs fine. Now ive had it to a mechanic who took the sensor out and cleaned it and it was ok for about a month, now same problem has occurred, I want to sort this problem myself, but unsure where to locate the sensor! can anyone help? so i can do this job myself??
many thanks
Jules
I would like to know precisely where the faulty sensor is located, part number and how the location/sensor looks.
Purchased all 3 sensors from AutoDoc and I would really like to know which one is the one bugged.

Further just in my illiteracy learned theres a fan resistor coil that might spark strange engine fan behaviour (buried underneath the entire front... *wohooo*

This is a call for help! And answers would be utmost appreciated...

May the force be with you mates,
/Silverbullit

rc06bas

Reaction score
My fan over ran after the garage changed my rocker cover. It had the wrong size breather on it and caused this fault through inlet pressure. Check all air pipes and breathers

cambo

Reaction score
So if you're referring to the temperature sensor, that's located on top of the thermostat, which is mounted on the right side of the engine (as you're looking into the engine bay). It's the one with the green top and is held in place with a clip.

Be prepared for some coolant to leak out when you remove the sensor. On mine, i had two issues with the thermostat, the high temperature spike and the thermostat valve had a short to ground, in the end i replaced the whole unit, but worth starting with the sensor first.
IMG20230527164835.jpg

Last edited: