What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine coolant colour?

rcz_r1

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
It is well known that the rcz r and some of the other petrol engines consume some refrigerant engine coolant water.

On the last revision (30000km) my lever was very close to the minimun and I decided to drain the deposit because the colour was like orange.

I did it in the official Peugeot with the liquid that the brand has for the R, which is blue.

Well my surprise when I saw the process and when the mechanic was working with the depoosit opened the coolant was orange again and not blue.

Is this normal?? What colour do you have?
Thanks in advance!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think mine is an orange (ish) colour. To be honest, I have never really had to top mine up & as it's on a service plan, the main stealers deal with all that sort of stuff each year.
I don't think the colour should really be an issue. If the car isn't overheating or constantly reporting as coolant low, or actually leaking coolant, I don't think there is really much cause for concern.

tianorth

Reaction score
I'll have a look at the weekend as I have some in the boot of my RCZ-R for topping up.
Only topped up 400mls in 9 months of driving.

tianorth

Reaction score
Been to Peugeot and they say the coolant is not an antifreeze mix as you would get in motor factors or Halfords etc.

Mine is blue in colour.

The one at Peugeot was a 2litre bottle and towards the top it stated never add water!

From what I can gather the coolant/antifreeze is specifically for the RCZ's and probably all Peugeot/Citroen's.

The 1litre cost about £7.20
The 2litre cost about £8.70

Was told by Peugeot not to put normal antifreeze that is mixed with water in.

rcz_r1

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Been to Peugeot and they say the coolant is not an antifreeze mix as you would get in motor factors or Halfords etc.

Mine is blue in colour.

The one at Peugeot was a 2litre bottle and towards the top it stated never add water!

From what I can gather the coolant/antifreeze is specifically for the RCZ's and probably all Peugeot/Citroen's.

The 1litre cost about £7.20
The 2litre cost about £8.70

Was told by Peugeot not to put normal antifreeze that is mixed with water in.
This is the liquid that they put on mine.
What I am asking is if it is normal when you put blue liquid and it changes into orange on the same process.
Thank you for your info!!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have checked mine, it's definitely orange (pinkish) in the expansion tank. No idea what colour it was when it went in though. Main stealers did it so presumably the same as Chris's, blue. :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There you go.........

Attachments

• IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 12,578

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hmm, the low coolant sensor is in a different place on the HDI, the R has it in the same place as my GT200 (2013) :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Your R could use a drop more in to reach the max level too....

lfe

Reaction score
Here a picture of my coolant, does it need to be changed periodically? the maintenance manual does not say anything

Attachments

• coolant.jpg
    coolant.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 6