What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine code P0016

Steve Mitchell

Reaction score
Hi guys. First time on
so hope you can help. 1.6 156bhp. 2015. Bad to start. Trouble code P0040 cam sensor. Replaced sensor ( non genuine part ). Now starts fine but getting code P0016 ...clears but comes back on after a couple of mins. The cars done 24000 miles. Cam chains etc done at main dealer 500 miles ago.

Pedro

Reaction score
24000 miles & Timing chain changed? I can only suggest you change the cam sensor for the dealer part or search for Bosch & see if code clears don't use after market cheap fixes as you'll waste your money

Steve Mitchell

Reaction score
24000 miles & Timing chain changed? I can only suggest you change the cam sensor for the dealer part or search for Bosch & see if code clears don't use after market cheap fixes as you'll waste your money
No one more surprised than me about the chains I can tell you. Previous owner had three oil changes done in 12 months. I'm guessing trying to sort the rattle. It was really bad on start up. Sometimes lasting a couple of minutes. It also has a lack of power and holds back when accelerating which Peugeot tell me is carboning up. Going in to dealer that did chains march 12 so see what the outcome is.

Pedro

Reaction score
Carbon build up in these engines varies on mileage which can be into the 70.000/80.000 range depending on how they are maintained plus the type of fuel they use but to need a shell blast (decoke decarbonising) at such a low mileage is utter nonsense at 24000 its like saying you should buy a new engine ! The lack of power could possibly be a fuel air mixture systems fault (sensors) of maybe the turbo boost solenoid not kicking in I would defiantly ask for a diagnostic readout before committing to any more work The chain rattle was bad on mine until I changed the tensioner then it sounded a lot better don't forget nearly all these engines make a slight rattle when starting cold its a generic symptom of their design
Don't let the dealer rip you off by saying you need this that & the other because when they get hold of your car they are out to make (take) your money be safe be alert 👀👍