What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Engine bay sound deadening

A

Anonymous

Quick question.
Does anyone know if you can buy a sound deadening kit for under the bonnet

A

Anonymous

EdenGraham said:
Does anyone know if you can buy a sound deadening kit for under the bonnet

Yes - buy the HDi Model :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Already have an ashphalt and want some sound deadening to clip under the bonnet

A

Anonymous

I could take you for a 30 minute ride in my Corvette and you wont hear any engine noise when you get in your "Z" :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Although entertaining, I'm not all that sure that any of the above replies are very helpful. I found the following on EBay. It's not exactly clip on, but it does appear to do the trick for £50 delivered. (Don't hold me to that - I have nothing to do with this item or seller, just had a quick look round having read the above replies).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/sound-deadeni ... 4897.l2559

DKZ5745

Reaction score
BTW. That's just one I found, there were many listed, just search "under bonnet sound deadening".

tianorth

Reaction score
You could always go to peugeot and see how much the soundproofing is for a diesel version and see if the fixing points are the same as the petrol version, then you can see how much it is off one of the car they are breaking on ebay.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
From what we know the petrol version didn't come with one due to hear build-up. But you may want to check with Peugeot, but wouldn't want you to create a problem from a simple change to the car.

Kash2001

Reaction score
Just to update everyone on this if they didn't know... the part no. is P7481ZK soundproofing its £174 or there abouts :eek: I need one for my 2.0 HDI but it's in for other work so I cant get it at the moment. But the link for one is below...

Peugeot RCZ 2009-2015 Bonnet Sound Proofing Peugeot Parts Direct

If anyone knows of where to pick one up cheaper it would be appreciated as mine is damaged and hanging down a bit.

Hope it helps someone.

ATB