What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

emergency help please to operate boot release

A

Anonymous

My 2013 rcz gt was set on fire / burned last night in the drive way.
The boot catch will not operate because the electrics / engine bay is destroyed ; is there a manual boot release so I can retrieve personal items before tow truck takes it away.
Yes I am completely gutted words fail me,
Trevor

TAC

Reaction score
I don't think there is but I maybe wrong, maybe phone your insurance company up explain the problem and see if you can use a crowbar to gain entry through either the boot or the back seat.

A

Anonymous

Nightmare! Was it deliberate? Hope you get sorted quickly.

I don't know of a manual override (I take it you've rang a Peugeot dealer?) but another thing to try is remove the rear head restraints (they pop off) and see if you can get to the cable that releases the rear seat back so you can fold it down and access the boot that way. I don't know if removing the rear head restraints will give you access, but it's worth a look, I just remember mine coming off accidentally and I *think* there may be a hole through which you can see the red handle or at least get to the cable.

A

Anonymous

Yes you can release the fold down rear seat back by removing the rear head restraint and then hooking your finger round the bowden cable from the lever in the boot that releases the rear seat. I was glad to find this after my friend locked his wallet, passport and wife's handbag in his Jaguar XJS boot for several days while on holiday.

tianorth

Reaction score
You might be able to remove the grille and get to the cable or release the head rest to be able to get your hand in to the boot area.