What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Electrics meltdown

A

Anonymous

So, my RCZ obviously overheard me talking about chopping it in over the weekend! Jumped in yesterday to drive to the railway station, got halfway there and all of a sudden the radio kicked in at full blast but only from the front left speaker (was previously listening to a cd at normal volume). Won't turn off, or down, which creates a slightly embarrassing situation when I swing into the car park of the station with (not my choice of) music banging out full tilt. :oops:
So only option is to park up, nip round to the passenger side and whip out one of the fuses.

Peace and quiet follows.....but now the central locking only works when I first get out of the car. When I come back to it, the central locking doesn't work and every time I start the car, the clock (and the media centre), reset themselves to 12 o'clock on the 1st of Jan 2000!????

Highly unlikely but anyone else had a possessed car? :wtf:

I'd love to drop it off at the local dealer for them to sort out but I'm moving house tomorrow so that's not going to happen until Tuesday next week at the earliest :roll:

Cheers, BTD

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting, tho car didn't get wet over the weekend!?

2retro

Reaction score
bobbythedog said:
Won't turn off, or down, which creates a slightly embarrassing situation when I swing into the car park of the station with (not my choice of) music banging out full tilt. :oops:
Sorry, I don't know the solution but this sure made me smile! lol

Reminds me when Clarkson and May did that to Hammonds car stereo on one of their adventures.

Hopefully you can sort it without the need for an exorcism! :twisted: :arrow: :thumbup:

drdino

Reaction score
How old is your battery? Got a multimeter that you can use?

A

Anonymous

The battery's the original one and it's an 11 plate car, so 5 yrs old I guess.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could tape a cushion over the offending speaker to control the volume & tune to a more favourable station for music choice :thumbup:

drdino

Reaction score
Reset of time/date during cranking points to a potential power supply issue, typically that could be a battery on its way out.

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
You could tape a cushion over the offending speaker to control the volume & tune to a more favourable station for music choice :thumbup:
Nice thinking DK.....only problem is, couldn't change the channel and there's only so much Christian Radio one man can take particularly at full volume!