What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Electrical problem with my R.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone has come across this fault.
suddenly my radio screen has gone blank and not working including Sat Nav, all I get is the cd ejection noise every 10 seconds or so, also the mileage has changed from mph into kms. Any help would be gratefully received cheers

Claret63

Reaction score
suddenly my radio screen has gone blank and not working including Sat Nav, all I get is the cd ejection noise every 10 seconds or so, also the mileage has changed from mph into kms. Any help would be gratefully received cheers

Sounds like the battery, have you checked? Had strange things happen on cars when there on the way out.

Otherwise I would just get a garage to read the codes.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Thanks Claret, I sometimes get the economy mode active pop up but is never failed to start, would a BSI reset do any good?

Charlie1875

Reaction score
just an update guys, I’ve put a new Bosch battery on and did a BSI reset at the same time, the problem is still there, I think it may need a software update, has anyone done this update? Cheers

Claret63

Reaction score
just an update guys, I’ve put a new Bosch battery on and did a BSI reset at the same time, the problem is still there, I think it may need a software update, has anyone done this update? Cheers
Did you not have the battery checked before changing? also have you not had the codes read?

Can‘t see how a software update would cure tbh, be very interested in the outcome of your problem.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Did you not have the battery checked before changing? also have you not had the codes read?

Can‘t see how a software update would cure tbh, be very interested in the outcome of your problem.
I checked the battery, as soon a I realised it had a Banner battery from ecp it was time for a decent upgrade, I kept getting economy active mode coming up although it never failed to start.
I will plug the diagnostics in this week, I’ve googled the fault and apparently quite common on 308’s, 3008’s etc but not found a solution yet.

Pedro

Reaction score
The cable to the Sat Nav RT unit is a known issue for failing on all these systems there are posts on here from other who have had same problems

Charlie1875

Reaction score
The cable to the Sat Nav RT unit is a known issue for failing on all these systems there are posts on here from other who have had same problems
thanks Pedro, just read the fault codes, the only fault to come up was F5FF unexpected re-initialisation fault coming from the BSI.
live done a BSI reset twice with no joy, it may need a trip to the Main stealers!!, if anyone can advse would be gratefu, cheers

Pedro

Reaction score
I had F5FF a few weeks back & luckily I wiped it out as it was or appeared to be a glitch in the software relating to the BSI functionality I tried a cheap scanner first & it was not responding so stuck it on Diag box- PP2000 & that wiped it out & cleared off a few "Ghosts" from the past as well & the scan came back with no codes so hopefully its harmless I have read it can be attributed to the the way the time-lapse is measured by disconnecting-reconnecting the battery when resets are carried out ?

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Hi guys, just an update on my electrical issue, it was the radio head unit that had stopped working, apparently a common fault with the magnetic marelli head unit, just Google radio RT6 for info.
Peugeot want £1200 for a new unit apparently!!!
now repaired with updated maps, etc by a guy on eBay for a fraction of the cost.

Sulliwyc

Reaction score
I have got exactly the same issue. It occurred after the car had been left standing for two months. Peugeot garage not helpful.

Charlie1875

Reaction score
hi mate, yes he was spot on, quick turnaround and not too expensive, just remove stereo unit and send off, it’s not difficult to get out, there’s a tutorial on YouTube if you get stuck, his eBay user name is “driving me potty” based in Wigan, his contact number is in the listing.
hope that helps