What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

electric drivers seat

A

Anonymous

I have a new magnetic with the red leather electric seats, booked car into worcester pug to check reported movement on seat during breaking and acceleration, they have told me that there is nothing wrong and it is quite normal! They have checked another z with electric seats and the same thing happens. This cannot be right surely.
Has anyone else had this problem recently and what was outcome.

Regards JK

A

Anonymous

I've got a new 63 gt with electric seats there both rock solid there fobbing you off.

A

Anonymous

This is my impression, was interested to hear other owners experiences.
Will be back on phone in morning.
Thanks

A

Anonymous

There have definitely been reported issues on seats being unstable and warranty work being authorised to fix. Search the forum - can't remember the exact topic name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem peugeot said it was normal and I mentioned it wasn't they are stripping my seats to see if any welds broken ect

A

Anonymous

Pug have told me it is normal too! They also said no seats have ever been replaced in uk or ireland my reply was ####ocks! Service fdom worcester pug not good. Told them to fix it or take the car back!

A

Anonymous

My first RCZ was a 2010 GT 200 with electric seats. Both started to move a little and making a slight clunking noise. My Australian dealer said no worries there is a "fix" for that and ordered new parts - think something to do with rails . Done under warranty and all good until traded on my 2013 GT 200 and 60,000 km covered.

A

Anonymous

NiftyNev said:
My first RCZ was a 2010 GT 200 with electric seats. Both started to move a little and making a slight clunking noise. My Australian dealer said no worries there is a "fix" for that and ordered new parts - think something to do with rails . Done under warranty and all good until traded on my 2013 GT 200 and 60,000 km

Pug uk have told me direct that all electric seats in rcz,s move and it is normal!!!!
I have spoken to another local dealer and they are willing to look into it, it would appear that dealers are operating in different ways, probably financial!!!!!
Regards JK Droitwich UK.

hanswuk

Reaction score
It's never normal that a seat moves - unless you're adjusting it at the time! ;) It's a dealer fob off which should not be accepted. I presume you're now talking to Arbury in Bromsgrove?

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
It's never normal that a seat moves - unless you're adjusting it at the time! ;) It's a dealer fob off which should not be accepted. I presume you're now talking to Arbury in Bromsgrove?

I am actually talking to evans halshaw in stourbridge, as i work i dudley and can get ther easily. They are saying the right things but will
see

Reaction score
Hi you should be ok with Peugeot Stourbridge I find them very helpful as my z is under there service scheme & I've had no problems from them all the best :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mason5465sharon09 said:
Hi you should be ok with Peugeot Stourbridge I find them very helpful as my z is under there service scheme & I've had no problems from them all the best :thumbup:

Thanks,JK

A

Anonymous

Dear All,
This is the response I had from Peugeot regarding seat problem, I sent them the link to this page but they have not commented?

Dear Mr Kendrick,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I would point out that we have not received a single other complaint of this nature, and having spoken to our warranty department they have not had any calims for this nature.

Our technical department isn't aware of it, and neither have we received any dealer enquiries.

I realise that this is somewhat stating the obvious, but the electric seat mecahnism is different from the manual one. The Service Manager at St Peters advises me that the RCZ's they have tested all displayed exactly the same characteristic and therefore we cannot consider this to be a design fault or manufacturing defect.

I'd point out that unless the seat is fixed in position with no adjustment possible, there will always be a small degree of movement possible.

I'm sorry there isn't anything we can do, but thank you nonetheless for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Jones
Customer Relations Manager

A

Anonymous

JonK said:
The Service Manager at St Peters advises me that the RCZ's they have tested all displayed exactly the same characteristic and therefore we cannot consider this to be a design fault or manufacturing defect.

I've not come across this definition of manufacturing defect before. Somewhat too scientific for my old head I guess :eusa-think:

So as long as a fault is common across the board then it ceases to be design fault or manufacturing defect :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure that I've come across this definition too...alongside the phrase, "cop out".

A

Anonymous

Further to my first post advising I had both my seats fixed, I have located the service docket that states: "both front seats had excessive free-play & noisy. Replaced both front seat base frames as per info-flash 99F08A 100. Part numbers PE8846TC and PE8846TA - subframes." Done under Warranty (Australia)

Hope you can progress your claim with this - good luck!

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all ...this Back Bencher having read this thread would like to add that I too have noticed a slight BUT noticeable knock from my drivers seat as if a slight jerk detects movement in some part of the seat mechanism. Up until now I just attributed this to be wear in a part of the seat mechanism as my Z' is a 2010 manufacture. Although I've never experienced such noise or wear in any previous car that I have owned! :eusa-think:

However, hearing that some New or Newer Z's suffer with the same problem and in light of Peugeot's response to this ISSUE ,as they Will Not accept it as a FAULT suggests that in their opinion it's due to AND within their acceptable "Manufacturing Tolerances" ,,hence allowing them to give it the brush off !

I DO NOT agree with the way manufactures' attempt to brush faults under the carpet, always running scared of admitting any fault with their sacred product. Toyota did it with certain models of theirs having sticking accelerators, Audi with their instrument binnacles in their Mk 1 TT's and going way back British Leyland did it in general !

It's this lack of acceptance and facing up to any fault in their sacred product that ultimately diminishes that product, and in the long term it effects the manufacturers credibility which is a shame and could be avoided if they were simply honest and dealt with the actual issue. I accept that its only natural for issues to crop up from time to time BUT what I find hard to accept is the manufacturer attempting to hide from the truth so as to avoid having to address an any inherent fault.

Please don't take this as me dissing the Z' which I still believe to be a modern masterpiece of chic and daring design :clap: I just get annoyed when manufacturers seem so afraid to admit facts and take responsibility which I imagine is down to fear of being sued ,,now it all makes sense !! :beer:

.the big blue (this back bencher will now sit down and pass over to the next honourable RCZ owner to address the house) :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all of the responses, especially our colleague from Oz,when i get back to dry land i will post latest e mail from pug, complete nonsense, taking car to evans halshaw in stourbridge who said they will try to help. Booked in Monday so watch this space.

Jk