What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Economy mode

A

Anonymous

My RCZ is due for it's 30,000km service, and the display has been reminding me since around 27,500km, you know the 'spanner' symbol next to the mileage reading on the display. But lately, around 28,800km or so, another message has appeared 'Economy mode in operation'. What's this and what will be the implications on my driving, ie acceleration, or on the engine?

Looking forward to feedback from the more 'seasoned' RCZ owners in UK.

BTW, I'm a member of the RCZ Club Malaysia on Facebook, where we have around 120 members.

Salim Ramli.

A

Anonymous

Economy Mode is when the cars system just tries to reduce power drainage from the battery.
IT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, AND A NORMAL FUNCTION ON THE Z

For instance if you was listening to the radio with the engine off, after around 15 mins Economy Mode would kick in and the radio would switch off, you would also not be able to use other electrical functions that were not classed as important.

You may also sometimes see this message when you start the car up, especially if you had previously been using up power from the battery, again without the engine running or even if the engine had been running but not long enough for the system to keep the battery at its peak condition, for instance short journeys with lots of electrical functions being used, radio, windows, AC, sat nav ect ect .

Ecomony Mode is a pain in the back side, it cannot be turned off, however at least you should, in theory never suffer from a flat battery.
As soon as the system works out that the engine has put enough power back into the battery Econonomy Mode switch's itself off, until the next time it thinks it is needed.

Hope this sort of explains things .