What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Economy Mode Activated

A

Anonymous

Hi
Went to start my RCZ this morning, lights started to flash and screen said Economy Mode activated. Felt as if Imobiliser had kicked in or perhaps battery flat (would lights flash if battery flat ?). Car has been fine up to now and never struggled to start. Any ideas?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Did it start?
How old is it?
How old is the battery?
Was it parked outside?
How cold was it last night where you are?

One possibility is that your battery has reached the end of its useful life.
Other possibilities include a fault in your charging system or an unexpected drain on the battery overnight.
I'd be less inclined to consider a fault in the enconomy changeover system without more info.

In light of anything absolutely obvious, my recommendation would be to get a heavy duty discharge test of your battery. Winter time usually flushes out weak batteries, so that's most likely based on the info. provided.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Other things to look at are loose connections on battery (no obvious reason for this in your description) or, just maybe, starter motor. This latter unlikely, given description of fault so far.

XeviouS

Reaction score
I have had that once too. I turned ignition to accessories and went to put the windows down.

Computer said something about economy mode. The windows stayed put.

I had to start the car before I could put windows down.

I have not been able to reproduce this.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Economy mode is when the battery dips below a certain voltage. This is a safety feature so that the cars battery is less likely to go flat enough to prevent you from starting the car. Starting the car turns this off as the alternator should be recharging the battery.

A

Anonymous

Exactly as Abz says... its the nippy weather starting again..