What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Eco mode

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondered how long it takes on average for your car to go into eco mode when not running? Just returned from a 150 mile run which should put a good amount of juice back in the battery, and cut engine and within a minute or so system goes into eco mode? Maybe my battery is ready for replacement?

Any feedback appreciated. :beer:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
I actually found this quite frustrating when fiddling with the stereo the other day. It seemed to go into eco mode after a couple of minutes. I had assumed that it must have been a safety thing given the JBL system also runs an amp (and I have had previous experience with amps draining the battery quickly while stationary!)

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi my 208 GTi has gone into Eco mode very quickly from new, a real pain but obviously not the battery.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, you got me intrigued about mine, as I have never really noticed how long it takes as I rarely use the stereo once the car is turned off, so this morning after taking the OH to work, I got my trusty stopwatch app running on my iPhone &.........

Attachments

• IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,411

tianorth

Reaction score
The eco mode depends on the state of your battery.
Batteries these days are not built like the old ones, if you get a year out of them then you are doing well.
As you know the eco mode is designed to allow the battery to have enough power remaining to start the engine, but it doesn't know when it will get started again! So will keep some extra in reserve.

So the time factor will always depend on the state, and internal conditions of your battery.

If anyone is use to motorcycle batteries it's a similar thing, but theirs is more to do with capacity as in usually less than 15ah.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that guys, possibly the fact that my NG4 unit with its screen uses more power so kicks the eco mode in sharpish!

drdino

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Batteries these days are not built like the old ones, if you get a year out of them then you are doing well.

Thars not the case. If a battery doesn't last a year, something is wrong.

nicpy

Reaction score
I had noticed recently that the car went into ECO mode within a couple of minutes of just the radio on, should have heeded the warning signs. The battery failed on mine to start the car although a quick top up with a charger quickly got me going again. A new Bosch battery now gives me approx twenty minutes before ECO mode cutting in. :greetings-wavingblue:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
The time needed For eco mode is a good way to check if you need a new battery
When new mine used to take 20 minutes or more for eco mode
When it needed less than 5 it didnt take Long to leave me with the key in my hand and no car to drive
After changing the battery i can assure you that this was the problem