What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

eco mode and wont start

A

Anonymous

hi all
week 4 of ownership and had a engine fault warning light appear then went off then 3 miles later lost engine power all together and all electrics still work but engine wont turn over at all.sent to local garage and theyre thinking bsi unit ? any ideas

hi all
1st garage said bsi unit but couldn't programme so transported to MAIN DEALER in Plymouth sat there for several days then they diagnostic the car said was fuel pump and needed a de coke and also updated the ecu and then mechanic said you could try it see if it happens again before spending any money?????? I needed the car fixing so then drove to torquay branch for them to charge me again for a diagnostic £108 + then said hp fuel pump and de coke bill would be £1500 for a car that's done 32000miles ?????
now just having the hp fuel pump replaced £750 as I THEN said if its showing no running problems why do I need a de-coke to which the fitter then said well you can leave that if you want if you commute quite along way it will cure itself ????
to say I,m bemused and angry at the blatant trying to rip me off is an understatement

has anyone got an address for a decent reliable and honest peugeot garage in the southwest Exeter/Plymouth area who knows the RCZ,S

tianorth

Reaction score
I like the guess work they are doing, hope it's at their expense till they actually find the problem!

Hope you get it sorted.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

frankvdb

Reaction score
I would say let them first check the battery...
It may have been standing still for a long time before you bought it which may have damaged the battery.

rcz200it

Reaction score
It will not cure itself it is because of direct injection...
The direct injection sprays directly in the chamber while indirect cleans sides with fuel.
More evidence the car has been used in city with low mileage and short distances.
Use tunap might cure partially

rcz200it

Reaction score
As for petrol additives all use hq300 for diesel and hq400 for petrol, should be on all petrol station invoices at least here in Spain