What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Earthing point in glove box?

Agis

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am trying to hardwire a dash cam in the fuse box but can't find an earthing point in / around glove box.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Agis

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
When I've woken up, done my chores and cooked tea I'll see if I can contort myself in to a position under the dashboard and take a picture of the earth I used.

This will come with a massive caveat though, I am the biggest bodger in history. So whether you choose to emulate my choice of earth point is entirely up to you.

Agis

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
When I've woken up, done my chores and cooked tea I'll see if I can contort myself in to a position under the dashboard and take a picture of the earth I used.

This will come with a massive caveat though, I am the biggest bodger in history. So whether you choose to emulate my choice of earth point is entirely up to you.

Hahaha fair enough mate. Show me the way :)

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
The red sleeved cable. This is in the footwell, been fine on there about a year.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
You could also run an earth to the heater framework, behind the audio / head unit.
If memory serves me well, I'm sure there is an earth wire terminated there already.

tianorth

Reaction score
The yellow and green wire in glove box.

You can see where I've had a "scotch lock" on (circled in red).

Check for continuity, on a definite earth in engine bay (this one is for jump leads in manual).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agis

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys. I ended up taking the glove box out then stripped the left side of the dash board to run the wires hiden in the left column. In there I found bare metal and screwed the ground wire on it.

I have taken photos but the system won't let upload them. Standard jpg images aren't compatible with this board?

tianorth

Reaction score
Pictures have to be less than 256kb ?!?

Or you can use the tapatalk app as it re-sizes it for you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agis

Reaction score
Sending these through TapaTalk

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk