What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dual action polisher

RCZ1

Reaction score
This is the machine polisher that I have. It's very easy to use and not too heavy and does a very good job of correcting swirls / scratches as well as polishing. I bought mine with one of the kits which gives you pads and polishes - menzerna.
These polishes were okay but I bought some megs 105 and 205 and I find them much easier to use and the 205 adds a lovely shine. I used it on my brother's black corsa, which had some very bad swirls and scratches, and it brought it up a treat.

My husband bought me an old door panel to practice on first and I found it very useful for getting used to the polisher. It was useful for getting to know how much pressure you can apply because at first you are apprehensive that you might cause damage but you would need to be a complete dim wit to do any serious damage with DA. You also get used to the different speeds that the DA has and when to use them.

A very useful tool to have and it makes a big difference to the polishing finish that can be achieved over hand polishing.

There is a very useful guide on detailing world on how to use a DA. I read it countless times and it really helped me when I was learning to use it.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=63859

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
This is the machine polisher that I have. It's very easy to use and not too heavy and does a very good job of correcting swirls / scratches as well as polishing. I bought mine with one of the kits which gives you pads and polishes - menzerna.
These polishes were okay but I bought some megs 105 and 205 and I find them much easier to use and the 205 adds a lovely shine. I used it on my brother's black corsa, which had some very bad swirls and scratches, and it brought it up a treat.

My husband bought me an old door panel to practice on first and I found it very useful for getting used to the polisher. It was useful for getting to know how much pressure you can apply because at first you are apprehensive that you might cause damage but you would need to be a complete dim wit to do any serious damage with DA. You also get used to the different speeds that the DA has and when to use them.

A very useful tool to have and it makes a big difference to the polishing finish that can be achieved over hand polishing.

There is a very useful guide on detailing world on how to use a DA. I read it countless times and it really helped me when I was learning to use it.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=63859

Thanks K,

I knew you would respond to my question. :thumbup:

I think I will add one of these to my next cleanyourcar order. I will probably practice on my wife's Punto. :eusa-whistle: