What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DSLR Photography

A

Anonymous

Just bought myself a Nikon D40 DSLR camera.. Love it so far but does anyone know of any good guides for a budding photographer?!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Figo

You may find this guide useful
http://www.bythom.com/d40guide.htm

I took up photography seriously 3 years ago and love it with a passion. I'm on a weeks holiday this week, so hubby and I are out everyday with our cameras. My passion is landscape photography but I also enjoy macro and nature (flowers and insects). What genre of photography are you interested in?

My husband is a Nikon man but I shoot Canon, so we have a bit of rivalry going on between us. Each day we go out with our cameras we have a mini competition as to who gets photo of the day.

When I first took up photography, I read loads and loads of photographic magazines, as many as I could get my hands on. They give you loads of hints and tips and help with composition of photographs. Also I joined a couple of photographic forums, namely talk photography and my favourite ephotozine. They have forums were you can ask questions about any queries you have and you can upload photographs and receive critique and votes. These forums also run monthly competitions, which I participated in as I found it got me taking photos in all genres of photography so I was broadening my knowledge and found out exactly what my camera and lenses were capable of. I found both these mediums to be really helpful and still continue to do so. I also looked at hundreds, if not thousands, of photographs on those forums reviewing what I liked / disliked about each one. Seeing what made a fantastic picture and what did not. Its all part of fun of photography and the buzz you get when you take (what I think) is a great photo.

Good luck, have fun and don't forget to post some of your photos on here. Maybe we'll get a photographic section set up :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just a few snaps in the Driveway.

Thanks RCZ1 Ill look into what you've said.. I've always loved photography but could never justify buying an SLR. When I sold my MGZT to make way for the RCZ I got a few £££ more than I anticipated so I took the oppertunity to put in an Cheeky bid on a nearly new SLR on eBay... it was an auction ending at 3am and my bid of under £250 netted me the D40, extra batterys, cases, memory card and an aditional wide angle lens :)

A

Anonymous

Boy, your RCZ is so scrumptious. Good work with the D40. Try buying a Polarizing filter. When you use this filter you reduce annoying glare on the car. It also does wonders for your colors. I shoot with a Nikon D300 and I love it to bits. Keep up the good work Figo.

A

Anonymous

My car for the past week. A yellow Renault Megane RS. Fast an pretty agile.

Attachments

• Megane RS.jpg
    Megane RS.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,279
A

Anonymous

love the colour,but had a bad experience with a megane cabriolet.bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

bee said:
love the colour,but had a bad experience with a megane cabriolet.bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Interesting about the cabriolet. One of my colleagues' sisters recently got a used Megane cabriolet and it was apparently in top condition...until the roof refused to close :lol: .

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
bee said:
Interesting about the cabriolet. One of my colleagues' sisters recently got a used Megane cabriolet and it was apparently in top condition...until the roof refused to close :lol: .

There is a manual override in the boot ;-) French/Karmann build quiality for you.