What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dropped Drivers Door...

A

Anonymous

We recently took our RCZ to Cornwall, and were staying in a 'Lizard Lighthouse' cottage. The weather for the most part, was great for walking... nice but cold. But for 2 days it was very windy, and we had to open and close a gate whenever we entered or left the complex.

This particular day, I told Ali I'd open the gate, as she had our 8 month old puppy on her lap, so I got out and leaving the drivers door open, I went and opened the gate. You can guess what's coming next can't you :?: :?: Being wide, heavy doors the wind caught it and swung it back on it's hinges quite severely :oops:

The damage.... the door dropped on it's hinges and made a horible grinding thud when we tried to close it. I was soooo p****d off with myself, what a b****y stupid thing to have done :evil: Fortunately, we could shut the door by lifting it before trying to shut it, but it sounded awful! :(

Took it in to dealer as soon as we got home and they sorted it out in just half an hour for us and it's good as gold again :D

Attachments

• THE LIZARD LIGHTHOUSE-CORNWALL.jpg
    THE LIZARD LIGHTHOUSE-CORNWALL.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,141
A

Anonymous

I would be furious with myself, had I done that. I would be imagining the bill to have it put right. Sounds as though you was very lucky, 30mins at the main dealers so you will have got away with a £200 bill instead ?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I would be furious with myself, had I done that. I would be imagining the bill to have it put right. Sounds as though you was very lucky, 30mins at the main dealers so you will have got away with a £200 bill instead ?

Yes, they did it under the Waranty!