What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DRL/SIDE LIGHTS ON THE FACELIFT?

A

Anonymous

Morning all.
so yesterday I attempted to fit my bear paws into the back of the headlights and change the Main beams bulbs over to Phillip Xtremes, after all the shouting,screaming and kicking things! i did complete them, But i noticed that the drl/sidelight bulbs in the same cluster don' work at all. It didn't matter what configuration i switched the stalk too, I had nothing. the Drls in the front valance work fine, and I wonder if they are suppose to work or just a left over from the previous model?

Regards
Dave

A

Anonymous

I'm sure that RCZ1 will confirm that is fine. Your DRL's are in the valance and so you did manage to complete the task :thumbup: Not an easy one though, I know as I had trouble too.

RCZ1

Reaction score
No the DRLs in the main light unit don't work on the facelifted model.

You only need one set and the lower valance ones fulfil that job :)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:

Are those DRLs in the main light still wired and just shut down by the computer? Or is there no wiring and bulbs at all?

Why I'm asking: I'd like to turn off the LED DRLs and switch those "yellowish" DRLs in the main light back on. Has someone done that before?

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
RCZ1 said:

Are those DRLs in the main light still wired and just shut down by the computer? Or is there no wiring and bulbs at all?

Why I'm asking: I'd like to turn off the LED DRLs and switch those "yellowish" DRLs in the main light back on. Has someone done that before?

I'm not sure if they are wired up or indeed have a bulb in them. I will check.

But can I ask why would you even want to do that?

A

Anonymous

the bulbs and wires are fitted in mine, but i have no clue as where the wires go or how to switch them on and off!!!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
But can I ask why would you even want to do that?

Thanks for looking! In my country there are currently about 80% of the cars equipped with some kind of LED DRLs driving around. The visibility and even more the attention towards those cars/DRLs is deteriorating. People do not give a damn. Some even find them obtrusive and react accordingly by blocking the lane (kind of "oh look, another di... in an audi with those stupid LEDs! I won't let him pass!")
As I drive most of the time very fast, I need to be visible but in a different way then the rest of cars. Thus switching to the oldschool DRLs.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
diggerd said:
the bulbs and wires are fitted in mine, but i have no clue as where the wires go or how to switch them on and off!!!

that is good news! I can make them work. If not possible via car's ECU then I'm going to connect another ECU for that. Thanks! :thumbup: