What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Drivers seat moving on its own!

Bucksboy

Reaction score
I bought my RCZ at the start of February. It’s a 2014 GT (200) which has done 48k miles. Unfortunately I then had a nightmare experience with a leaking thermostat and knackered heater matrix involving 2 garages and warranty claims which in the end left me £600 worse off and without the car for about a month. So I started driving the car regularly in early March and then the Covid lockdown started. Because of my earlier experience I am now paranoid about something else going wrong with the car.

In the current situation I take my car out about once a week to go to the supermarket and to give it a bit of a run. It‘s taken me a bit of a while to get the drivers seat where I want it and programmed into the seat memory. When I went out in the car last weekend I thought the driver’s seat seemed a bit back and so I put it back to where it should be using the memory. Then when I was driving slowly round the supermarket car park, the seat started moving backwards of it’s own accord! I stopped it moving by using the seat adjusters and again used the memory to reposition it. When I got home, I was parking up and the seat moved backwards again and once again I used the memory to reposition.

I went out again today to supermarket and all was well until I was coming home and driving at 30 through the next village thinking the seat issue was a one off when suddenly the seat moved backward by about one inch or so. I was still able to drive, but I stopped and repositioned the seat on the memory.

Has anyone else had this issue? Googling it I can’t find any mentions of this problem specific to RCZ, but on other marques there has been a suggestion of faulty seat memory switch amongst other things.