What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Driver Door Window Seal Coming Loose

A

Anonymous

HI All,

I noticed shortly after collecting my car that the drivers door window seal (right at the end above door handle where glass drops into the door) was not fitted correctly. I have put it back in position several times (relatively easy to do) however as soon as you close the window again (no issue when you open the window) the seals comes off again. To easily spot this issue compare both points on the two doors (driver/passenger).
Looking at the impact all I can see is that water will get down between the door and the interior trim, I don't think it could do too much damage in the longer term.
I thought this was just my car and when I needed to call back in the dealership to drop some paperwork off from my old car I mentioned it to the salesman who said he would get it fixed when it goes in for the 1000 health check.
Interestingly, while waiting to speak to him I went and took a look at the other rcz in the show room and that was exactly the same. Both my car and their other show room car on the passenger side were fine.
I suspect this may be a design issue on the sizing of the window seal around the door and it not getting enough grip to support the addition pressure when the window is closing.
Once it goes in to the dealership, I 'll let you know how I get on in terms of fixing it.

Might be worth checking yours....

Bradders

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip.

Pick mine up in a week, so certainly one to watch out for.

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Bradders.

Just checked the seals, nothing out of position, are you talking about the seal that runs between the glass and door top which acts as a scraper?

Rob.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Hi Bradders.

Just checked the seals, nothing out of position, are you talking about the seal that runs between the glass and door top which acts as a scraper?

Rob.

HI Rob,

Yes (I think so) - I have taken some pictures (sorry in the dark, but hopefully show what I mean)
It isn't major issue, but just thought I would bring it to everybody's attention to look for.
Hard to see but look at the corner (where the window seal sweeps up and then travels horizontal to the end of the door) on the 3rd picture you can see how the seal dissappears behind the corner instead of sitting on top of the metal door edge.

1st picture of Drivers Door - seal not sitting correctly - hanging off the door leaving a gap (cannot see the gap from this photo angle)

2nd picture of passenger door - no issue.

3rd picture of Drivers Door - seal not sitting correctly - hanging off the door leaving a gap (cannot see the gap from this photo angle)

Attachments

• rcz door seal 001.jpg
    rcz door seal 001.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,328
  • rcz door seal 002.jpg
    rcz door seal 002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,327
  • rcz door seal 003.jpg
    rcz door seal 003.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,327

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Bradders

OK yep it's the one I thought, it could be a bad batch of rubber mouldings, I had a similar problem with my IQ when it first came out, the whole rubber was replaced never did it again.

I'll keep a check on mine.

Thanks for the heads up.

Rob