What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

DPF warning and engine management light on. Anyone help with these codes?

Ricardo_Z

Reaction score
Here's the story...

I do a very short commute to work in my HDi RCZ which I know is bad as the engine never gets warm. I had the now fairly regular 'diesel particulate filter risk of blocking' warning message and took the car for a long blast which unfortunately did not clear the message this time. However, the fuel tank was less than a quarter full (80 mile range) and I read this wasn't enough for DPF regeneration (?).

What happened during the drive is the engine management light also popped up and I lost power over 2000rpm but the car is still driveable. Got the guys at work to scan and clear the faults, but the same dashboard messages appeared again after 2 minutes of driving.

I've attached an image from the diagnostic scanner.

I presume the EML came on because of the DPF warning? If I go to my Peugeot dealer they are going to charge me around £85 + VAT to scan the faults again before they even start to sort the issue out! Do I get a DPF flush? Halfords charge £85 for 'partially blocked' filters.

Any thoughts on what my next move should be and should I stop driving the car?

The problem is I can't run the car to regenerate the DPF with the EML on.IMG_2445.jpg

Pedro

Reaction score
You could try a BSI reset to check some of the faults I may be completely wrong but I'm thinking the cars software has been corrupted especially as its showing a EEPROM issue this can happen if there is a power supply fault or internal memory corruption ECU has it been remapped ?