What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Does anybody else have this problem?..........

A

Anonymous

wiper blade judder and squeeking when its raining.

Normally at the top of the wiper arch and the bottom.

I'm getting the sort of noise you would get if you put your wipres on when the screen is bone dry, but i get it all the time!!.

I've replaced the wipers once, I clean my screen with AG Glass Polish, clean my blades with screen wash but nothing gets rid of this noise.

looking at the wipers in motion it looks like they have too much pressure on the screen.

Car goes in to the garage on Friday for them to look at a small issue with the passenger seat, they said they will take a look at the wipers at the same time.

so, anyone else have this issue and what did they do to rectify it?.

Cheers

Beef

A

Anonymous

No my own car seem's ok,for once cannot complain :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I had this until I changed brand of screen wash to the Halfrauds stuff that is pink and smells nice! Weird but problem solved. Must be something to do with the lubrication of the blades.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
I had this until I changed brand of screen wash to the Halfrauds stuff that is pink and smells nice! Weird but problem solved. Must be something to do with the lubrication of the blades.

Thanks, will try the nice smelling pink stuff.

A

Anonymous

Nope, I use Rain-X :thumbup:

Never have the wipers on.

Thinking about it, I can't recall using the Washer Stalk yet either :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I clean my srceen and blades with Metholated spirits once a month and the other cars in the family. This removes the build up of wax from washing and dead flys. Use Carplan screenwash from Asda never had a problem with any of the cars.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
Nope, I use Rain-X :thumbup:

Never have the wipers on.

Thinking about it, I can't recall using the Washer Stalk yet either :eusa-think:

Yes me too, on both counts although I use Gtechniq G1 :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

me too :beer:
i rain X all my windows regulary so the use of the windscreen wipers is vastly reduced since rain X IS EXTREMELY AQUAPHOBIC

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've had my RCZ 10 months now and have yet to top up my washer fluid. Used windscreen wipers about 1.5 hours in total since I've had the car too. Would highly recommend Gtechniq G1. Not only does it repel water like nothing else, but it also stops frost and ice forming on the windows as much in the winter. You can brush whatever ice has formed off with your hand, it turns very powdery :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Something for me to look out for I Suppose..................Do you know, I have not been out in this car in the Wet ! ! and I have had it over 12 months now.

A

Anonymous

This problem started on my car after i applied Gardx rain repellent :eusa-think: