What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

dodgy ??

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,
just wondering if this is kosher or indeed it has happened to anyone else, or am i making a big deal out of nothing. The story so far, car was ordered on 28 july 2010, did not hassle dealer as im fully aware of situation with delivery times of car thanks to posts on this forum, rang dealer on 15 sept 2010 about a finance matter and was told by sales manager car was being built on 17th, 2 days later. salesman i was dealing with rang me on 20th to confirm car built and should have it within a month (mmmmm).If you are still awake, i then had a call on 28 sept from salesman asking me to ring up for the free insurance and have it emailed to the dealer so they can register the car ????? they could not say where the car was and when i would be able to collect it, only that it should be within the next week or two !!!! i understand that the registering of the car is for the sales targets and bonuses etc but is the normal practice ?? worry is that the car may get to being a month old before i even get to drive it. Any members thouhts or experiences would be appreciated. Thanx for reading this epic......................Lark.

A

Anonymous

Hi Lark

I had raised a similar query regarding the registration of new cars and GT RCZ responded by saying that new cars could be registered for a year + 1 wk/two wks/three wks so I'm not sure if that answers your question.

FGRob

Reaction score
lark said:
Hi everyone,
just wondering if this is kosher or indeed it has happened to anyone else, or am i making a big deal out of nothing. The story so far, car was ordered on 28 july 2010, did not hassle dealer as im fully aware of situation with delivery times of car thanks to posts on this forum, rang dealer on 15 sept 2010 about a finance matter and was told by sales manager car was being built on 17th, 2 days later. salesman i was dealing with rang me on 20th to confirm car built and should have it within a month (mmmmm).If you are still awake, i then had a call on 28 sept from salesman asking me to ring up for the free insurance and have it emailed to the dealer so they can register the car ????? they could not say where the car was and when i would be able to collect it, only that it should be within the next week or two !!!! i understand that the registering of the car is for the sales targets and bonuses etc but is the normal practice ?? worry is that the car may get to being a month old before i even get to drive it. Any members thouhts or experiences would be appreciated. Thanx for reading this epic......................Lark.
Hi Lark.

Something is not right, have they given you the reg number? if so I would insist on a collection date before you organise insurance, tell them you want it on your own insurance and can't see the need for free insurance just for a week - see what sort of reaction you get ;)

Also check when they intend to start your finance from - that's if you are having any of course.

Rob

A

Anonymous

FGRob,
thanx for the info, i am taking peugeot finance for the car and they have given me the reg no to pass on to peugeot insurance. i was a bit impatient and thought yes great the car will be with me soon. in the cold light of day and the more i thought about it it just does not seem right !! new cars i have bought in the past have been registered and i have collected the day after or within a day or two, will call dealer am saturday and see what they say. watch this space !! Lark.

A

Anonymous

I have had a similar experience over last 10 days. Asked to go in on 23rd Sept to sign finance papers. Whilst there dealer checked and car was still in Calais. He also asked me to get the 1 week insurance done ASAP, thought strange but didn't really question it if it mean't get car quicker, he said is was so they could get tax sorted. When I got home looked closer at the paper work and seen that it says car first registered as new in UK 29/09/2010, again strange as how do they know on the 23rd that car will be registered on 29th. Checked today 1st Oct and told car still in Calais.

So not really sure what/why these things have happened but used dealer for many years and he has always treated me right so I assume all is OK. One other thing there was a Registration Number on the paper work signed on the 23rd even though car still in Calais.

Oh by the way my 1 week insurance has now ended and car still in Calais????

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Grant.

So technically is the car yours, if so what happens if it gets damaged while in transit, also does that mean you start paying your first payment before you have the car - this sounds well dodgy and I'm sure Peugeot would not be happy about this situation.

I think I would be asking a few pointed question if I was you, also remember you get the chance to give feedback directly to Peugeot about your whole RCZ purchase.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob, Never thought about car getting damaged in transit and whos responsibility it would be. As for first payment that doesn't happen till one month after the date of agreement, so will hopefully have car by then but not for absolute sure. As I say dealer has always been goog to me so hopefully nothing to untoward is going on but I shall have a word on Monday just to clarify a few things.

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Grant.

Yep worth checking just in case - I hope everything is OK for you.

Us 156 GT Charcoal owners have to stick together you know :dance: :dance: :beer: :lol: :lol: ;)

Too many whites around here at the moment - Quickly gets coat :wave: :wave: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Hi Grant.

So technically is the car yours, if so what happens if it gets damaged while in transit, also does that mean you start paying your first payment before you have the car - this sounds well dodgy and I'm sure Peugeot would not be happy about this situation.

I think I would be asking a few pointed question if I was you, also remember you get the chance to give feedback directly to Peugeot about your whole RCZ purchase.

Rob.

Hi Rob/Lark/Grant,

This is pretty standard practise especially at the end of a sales campaign quarter when deals customers have recieved are contingent on registration by a certain date , if you look at most manufacturers advertising the offers are subject to the car being registered by a specific date.

Cars should normally be taxed for a year plus weeks so the customer doesnt loose any RFL.

The dealer is fully responsible for the car until it has been given to the customer.

The finance payments do not go out until a month after the agreement has been processed by the finance company.

Peugeot are fully aware that cars are being registered before they have arrived at the dealership. This as they alway want every car humanly possible registered by month end for their market share and industry figures. Dealers also want as many cars as possible registered to ensure they hit their targets.

Cars cannot be registered until they hit the UK. Peugeot were giving dealers daily shipping lists of what should be on the boats to ensure dealers could register everything possble.

HOWEVER in not sure why the big rush to register an RCZ......they dont count or pay towards any of the dealerships Peugeot sales targets.

regards

Marcus

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZGT200 said:
HOWEVER in not sure why the big rush to register an RCZ......they dont count or pay towards any of the dealerships Peugeot sales targets.

regards

Marcus
Hi Marcus.

Thanks for the input - I thought that was the case which is why I didn't understand the rush.

Got your new motor yet??

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob,

Its been built and sat in Sheerness for about 3 weeks , I cant put it on until we sell the current one......patience is a virtue apparently....know anyone who wants a nicely run in GT 163 ? :thumbup:

Marcus

A

Anonymous

just to say thanx for the replies on the topic, speaking to my dealer this afternoon,but my mind is more at ease now. cheers.Lark.

A

Anonymous

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for that input. Apparently dealer was winding me up. He knew the car was on its way when he told me it was in Calais. Had a call from him today to say car has arrived and I can pick it up on Monday. As I have said I have know him many years now and always treated me well, he also knows I am really impatient so on Thursday when he told me it was in Calais just to wind me up, it was in fact on its way to the dealership.

I am not able to pick it up on Monday other commitmenst but will be getting it on Tuesday. My wait is over.