What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dipstick Newbie

TonyRczCarbon

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for some help please. I have a 2.0 diesel RCZ. The bottom of the dipstick broke off. Is there anything to watch out for when taking off the sump? Any how to guides? Thanks in advance

LOCOST47

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for some help please. I have a 2.0 diesel RCZ. The bottom of the dipstick broke off. Is there anything to watch out for when taking off the sump? Any how to guides? Thanks in advance
Same thing happened to mine after I got it, pulled out the dipstick to check the oil, put it back in, heard a snap, pullled it back out = bottom gone! In a panic went to peugeot for advice, they were charging £150 labour to do the sump but the mechanic mentioned he had seen a few do this, and not to worry as there is a strainer and it can't go anywhere. Took his advice and purchased a new dipstick just to use to check the oil (kept the one with the end broken in the dipstick tube to seal the hole) 10,000 miles of hard driving later and an oil and filter change and no issues at all, so I wouldnt worry.

TonyRczCarbon

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine after I got it, pulled out the dipstick to check the oil, put it back in, heard a snap, pullled it back out = bottom gone! In a panic went to peugeot for advice, they were charging £150 labour to do the sump but the mechanic mentioned he had seen a few do this, and not to worry as there is a strainer and it can't go anywhere. Took his advice and purchased a new dipstick just to use to check the oil (kept the one with the end broken in the dipstick tube to seal the hole) 10,000 miles of hard driving later and an oil and filter change and no issues at all, so I wouldnt worry.

TonyRczCarbon

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll maybe wait for the next oil change and just order the replacement stick just now.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes very common thing to happen you can get a replacement off eBay original for less than £20...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co