What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Difficult choice.

menright

Reaction score
Been following the forum for some time now and have atlast decided to take the plunge and get an RCZ, but which one. I am torn at the moment betweeen the RCZ Magnetic and RCZ R. I know the R is more powerful but that is not really my main buying criteria as I have something that it quicker anyway. Which would be more exclusive/rarer, the magnetic or R? Anyway, hope to be a new owner soon.

indoldn

Reaction score
Been following the forum for some time now and have atlast decided to take the plunge and get an RCZ, but which one. I am torn at the moment betweeen the RCZ Magnetic and RCZ R. I know the R is more powerful but that is not really my main buying criteria as I have something that it quicker anyway. Which would be more exclusive/rarer, the magnetic or R? Anyway, hope to be a new owner soon.
I have a Magnetic THP200, black with red leather.

In terms of numbers yes, black Magnetic THP200 with red leather it's rarer. However, I don't think it translates to being more exclusive as it's just more to do with a little cosmetic addition compared other THP200.

I've not driven an R and still hoping to try and potentially get one in the future. I missed out on what was a very good value R back in 2019 and in the end decided to go with the THP200 as at the time the cost of front brakes scared me.

There are members here who have had a THP200 then upgraded to an R so they'd be much better people to give their view. In my opinion the R will always be more exclusive and special than any other RCZs due to its bespoke setup.

Hope this helps.

Claret63

Reaction score
Yes agree with the comments with the R, it certainly is a bespoke set up, but the suspension set up in my opinion will not suit all especially if its a daily, you really need to try both.

For me the R is simply superb as a driver's car in all departments, and I came from something twice the BHP (it is a weekend car only though)

Good luck with your decision.

turboguy

Reaction score
If its not a daily driver, its definitely an R. I use my R as a daily driver and its a great car but wish I could afford to run another car as a daily. The maintenance on a R is lot more expensive than any of the RCZ's but it hasnt deterred me from owning one ;)