What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diagnostics - engine jutters at lower speeds- petrol pump

stig rotax

Reaction score
dear all,
Since I bought my RCZ last year it has always stuttered at lower speeds which I thought was the ECU not making it's mind up how I would like to drive. Modern tech and all that jazz! I wasn't too bothered about it. The top speed was around 190km/h.
One evening a few weeks ago the car started but was really rough, as if on 2 cylinders. Automatically I suspected the timing chain so had the local workshop collect the car and take a look. They hooked their magic diagnostics pc up to the socket under the console (where an ashtray used to be in old pre 2010 days) and prompty were told to change the high pressure petrol pump. Now I could have done this job myself, but I was obliged to let the garage do the work.

if you have these symptoms; then the petrol pump is the problem
occasional spluttering engine at speeds of 50 to 70km/h
no zippy acceleration
and finally it doesn't want to know at all

Petrol Pump is €540.

I hope this helps those of us who are new to the RCZ, which is truly a lovely looking car and has the engine to go with it (except for the timing chain)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh very common problem pumps are getting cheaper around £350-£400 but there is a guy on eBay who’s doing a refurb service for considerably less and he has very good feedback.

badboybeef

Reaction score
dear all,
Since I bought my RCZ last year it has always stuttered at lower speeds which I thought was the ECU not making it's mind up how I would like to drive. Modern tech and all that jazz! I wasn't too bothered about it. The top speed was around 190km/h.
One evening a few weeks ago the car started but was really rough, as if on 2 cylinders. Automatically I suspected the timing chain so had the local workshop collect the car and take a look. They hooked their magic diagnostics pc up to the socket under the console (where an ashtray used to be in old pre 2010 days) and prompty were told to change the high pressure petrol pump. Now I could have done this job myself, but I was obliged to let the garage do the work.

if you have these symptoms; then the petrol pump is the problem
occasional spluttering engine at speeds of 50 to 70km/h
no zippy acceleration
and finally it doesn't want to know at all

Petrol Pump is €540.

I hope this helps those of us who are new to the RCZ, which is truly a lovely looking car and has the engine to go with it (except for the timing chain)
as i understand the car comes with the prince engine and has the same hpfp that they fit in the mini one? they are on sale on ebay for around £130 i could be wrong but well worth looking into

Pedro

Reaction score
I thought the same until I needed one & checked alas the mini variant is no good for the 200GT

badboybeef

Reaction score
i see plenty of ones on sale from china at £100 but someone has said that these although are sold as new are actually second hand repainted????

Pedro

Reaction score
Yea I heard about those they must be duff as they cannot get the Licence to produce these type of parts from BMW