What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diagnostic codes after engine fault, repair required

NynjaSquirrel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2015 RCZ 200hp, and have recently had a problem where the car runs 'lumpy' after hot starts. From cold it's perfect, but if it sits for 15 mins and then I restart it, it's like the mixture is off, and it hunts and stutters.

Anyway - today the engine light came on, and I got the engine fault, repair required message. I popped in to my local garage and they put their diagnostic on it - with the following codes:

P1030 EODB

1062H/4194
1030H/4144

The guys at the garage had no idea what these were, they didn't show up on their diagnostic tablet with descriptions, just those were the codes from the car.

Has anyone any ideas? Much appreciated!!

NF7

Reaction score

I hope it's not the same as this user had.

P1062 Peugeot Valvetronics Power Limitation

Possible causes
– Faulty Valvetronic Sensor
– Valvetronic Sensor harness is open or shorted
– Valvetronic Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Symptoms
– Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

P1062 Peugeot Description
VVT limp home request full stroke position not reached bank 1

P1030 Peugeot Intake Manifold Air Control Valve Position Sensor Lower Limit Not Reached

Possible causes
– Faulty intake manifold air control solenoid
– Intake manifold air control solenoid harness is open or shorted
– Intake manifold air control solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
Symptoms
– Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

For future error codes: CarObdCode.Com – Car OBD Codes, OBD-II Codes, Error Codes

NynjaSquirrel

Reaction score
Holy hell, I really hope not. The guy at the garage thinks it may be a solenoid that controls the oil, something to do with the adjustable camshaft, and the superfine filter that's around them gets fouled, causing them to stick. If it's as serious as the above, I'm boned!

NF7

Reaction score
Holy hell, I really hope not. The guy at the garage thinks it may be a solenoid that controls the oil, something to do with the adjustable camshaft, and the superfine filter that's around them gets fouled, causing them to stick. If it's as serious as the above, I'm boned!
I hope it something cheap and easy to fix. I had a similar scare couple of days ago. Engine fault, car in limp mode. Neighbour who has a diagnostic software said something about the cylinder. Then I took to private mechanic that primarily deals with BMW engines and I was lucky since it was only the ignition coil.

Please report back when you'll fix it. Just so that if anything similar happens to anyone in the future, he might have a roadmap what to check/do.

NynjaSquirrel

Reaction score
I hope it something cheap and easy to fix. I had a similar scare couple of days ago. Engine fault, car in limp mode. Neighbour who has a diagnostic software said something about the cylinder. Then I took to private mechanic that primarily deals with BMW engines and I was lucky since it was only the ignition coil.

Please report back when you'll fix it. Just so that if anything similar happens to anyone in the future, he might have a roadmap what to check/do.
I will do. Luckily I'm not in limp mode so far, so I'm taking that as a good sign (fingers crossed). Going to call Peugeot today to see if they can give me any more info, then get it booked in for early next week.

Reactions: NF7

NynjaSquirrel

Reaction score
Peugeot have said those codes indicate cylinder head, but it doesn't feel like that. I have no loss of power, not losing water. The problem only exists from a hotstart, and clears after maybe half a mile of hunting and stuttering. Itb feels more like a bad sensor or a solenoid that's screwing up the mixture. But keep your fingers crossed, and thanks everyone for the input.