What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Defrosting screen washer jets?

turboguy

Reaction score
I have a problem at the moment, cant get the screen wash jets working as it has frozen over, Any ideas on how to do this? Not entirely sure if its the hose or the actual jets? Poured warm water over them but still no luck, so its probably the line thats frozen. The front headlight jets work. The screen wash I have put in is for upto -10 degrees and its only -1 here. Also poured in hot water into the screen wash bottle to try and help defrost the piping but still no luck.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The pipe / hose is located underneath the panel where the wipers arms are and could well be frozen try to defrost using a hair dryer....

Nemi

Reaction score
Also, check the washer jets fuse 🤔 Mine was blown after I tried to wash the window with frozen washer fluid.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
if you run your car for some time it will defrost everything
if you have water in then it is something else
do you "hear" it work?

turboguy

Reaction score
The pop up jets to the headlights is working which is on the same switch, just not getting anything to the windscreen. Too cold to try the hair dryer trick , will try it on saturday when I move the other car out and move the RCZ into the garage
he pipe / hose is located underneath the panel where the wipers arms are and could well be frozen try to defrost using a hair dryer....
Thanks Les

denholme

Reaction score
Drove down from Inverness on Monday to West Lothian. 3 hour drive and the lines never defrosted. The screen wash is the stuff from the garage which is good to -5 but the temp up this way has been -7 to -10. When I got the screen wash finally working yesterday it came out like slush and the bottle I had in the boot was frozen. Was convinced the pump was gone but it did eventually start working. Might just need some patience and a bit of milder weather.

Pedro

Reaction score
Road salt is another pain it clogs the jets nozzles

VirtuaIceMan

Reaction score
I've got a problem with the washer jets since the freezing weather. The passenger side jet is working, but the driver side is not, and the headlamp ones are not popping out but they are triggering as I can hear them and see water dripping from inside the passenger side wheel arch!

Anything I can look at, or is it a trip to Peugeot?

VirtuaIceMan

Reaction score
Although this morning, I now have the passenger side screen washer and driver side headlight washer (at least) working...

VirtuaIceMan

Reaction score
And Peugeot want £126 just to have a look, plus £20 for a daily courtesy car... I better look elsewhere!

turboguy

Reaction score
It eventually defrosted for me then all of it stopped working which turned out to be the fuse when I checked it over. Now have another problem with it the warning light comes on every time i use, saying low screen wash even though I have just filled it to the top. I wonder if the pump seal has come loose an leaking all the screen wash.

VirtuaIceMan

Reaction score
On mine I can see the passenger and both headlights are working, it's just the driver's side jet that's only getting a bit wet but not spraying. So it's either the hose for that, or something jamming it.

Would poking the jet with a pin possibly help (old school hack)? Otherwise the pipe doesn't appear to be leaking inside the top of the bonnet area, but there was water from the passenger side wheel arch the other day.