What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Daylights in 'Auto mode'

A

Anonymous

I have question.
When I turn "auto lights" and it's sunny xenons are turned on. When I turn to option '0' looks like H8 or py21 lights like 30% of power. How to change that on 'Auto mode' when is sunny xenon is off and only bulb lights like 30% and when will dark xenon turn on? Thanks :)

2retro

Reaction score
Sorry, no idea. But I haven't manually turned my lights on or off since getting my RCZ 7 months ago - I like to let the car work for it's money! :lol:

A

Anonymous

In Auto mode your xenons should turn on and off automatically depending on the light intensity outside detected by a sensor in the rear-view mirror. If yours stay on in bright sunny conditions I suspect there might be a problem somewhere. Maybe that sensor is faulty. You didn't perhaps cover the sensor with something hanging from the rear-view mirror?

drdino

Reaction score
The light sensor for the auto lights is part of the rain sensor assembly, it has nothing to do with the light sensor for the auto dimming rear view mirror.

RCZ1

Reaction score
drdino said:
The light sensor for the auto lights is part of the rain sensor assembly, it has nothing to do with the light sensor for the auto dimming rear view mirror.

I think you have that wrong.

The lights come on when the the daylight sensor on top of the dash, in the middle, detects that light levels have dropped. It is not linked to the rain sensor assembly. Mine are always turned off.

A

Anonymous

There are two sensors in the rear-view mirror, one looking backwards for the auto dimming function and one looking forward for the auto lights. Look through the windscreen you will see it.

drdino

Reaction score
The rear view mirror housing has two sensors for it's dimming function. It compares the lights levels between front and rear and dims accordingly.

The sun sensor located on the top centre of the dash, is used by the climate control to anticipate conditions where it would need to increase or decrease fan speed, temperature etc in case of changes in sunlight direction.

The light sensor for the auto lights is integrated with the rain sensor.

:)