What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

damaged tyre

A

Anonymous

just clipped curb tonight very small scuff on alloy but nasty chunk out of sidewall

A

Anonymous

That's bad news mate are you going to have to replace the tyre? :?

A

Anonymous

I will see in the morning hope not but it doesn't look good

A

Anonymous

Had a similar incident.........Forced into the kerb by White Van man, clipped the kerb with my near side rear wheel. Thankfully the tyrre wasnt damaged but a nasty scuff to the wheel rim. That cost me £60 to put right.

A

Anonymous

took it in this morning they had a look and said although theirs a chunk out it is ok its the curb wall which is the thickets part i was told cut it off or glue it back down

A

Anonymous

Hi,
after having my RCZ for barely three weeks, I managed to chip the rear right alloy rim when I hit the curb... it was a pure screw up on my part and I feel so bad :(
So what options do I have? Is it possible or worth it to repair it, or is it simpler and cheaper to buy a new rim? The only good news is that the tyre seems fine, I was afraid
I would get a flat tyre after I heard the dreaded scraaaape sound :(
I have the original 19" Sortilege silver rims.
Thanks for any advice.