What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Custom colour coded front badge on opal white RCZ

A

Anonymous

Just done this over the weekend..................what you guys think?
Obviously the badge had a chrome surround with a black background and a chrome lion.
Sorry about the pic, it was in the shade and looks a little blue!

A

Anonymous

I personally like what you have done there. I like to see peoples personalisation of the car. I would however appreciate a little more information on exactly what you have done and how you went about it, but the result looks great.

A

Anonymous

The front badge is a pain to get off!
It unclip's by pulling it forward but then comes off through the back, and as you would imagine goes back that way so the front bumper needs to come off!
I primed the badge with standard white primer (4-5 coats) then applied the correct colour basecoat (KWF Blanc Opal)
Then 5-6 coats of lacquer
I let it dry for 48 hours then flatted it down with 1500 wet & dry, then buffed it back with Farecla G3 compound.

Q: Was it a pain to do?
A: yes
Q: Would you do it again?
A: No

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
Hi Salster :wave:

Good job, that looks fantastic. Quite tempted meself :D :D

:beer:
Me too untill he mention removing front bumber :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Looks brill :thumbup: but way 2 complicated for me. Think I've some tippex lying about somewhere :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Looks the business, Very nice with black lion on white.

Did mine black with black lion, then again without lion just a flush panel.

Great job,nice to be different

A

Anonymous

Looks interesting!

Can you show us more photos from different angle? I am thinking if a chrome Lion would look nice or not, but I certainly quite like the WHITE badge.