What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cracking taillights and such.

Black panther

Reaction score
Hello, i am yet again seeking knowledge from you guys who've had this car for some time. The problem is as follows.

It all started on a bright spring morning, i was brushing my teeth and it looked like another good day. As i make my way to the car as im going to work, i open my boot and then i notice it. someone has brought a hammer to my dear car! - was my first thought. But that was not the case, it was just stress on the plastic as it was cold and then got hot. But now i've noticed that the braking light is going to suffer the same fate. I have not replaced them yet as it is quite pricey, and if it's gonna break again i dont want to spent 700 euros every once in a while.

Is this a common problem with these lights? And is there any solution other than buying new ones?

Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
That isn't anything I've seen before.
Have you had any of them off? Maybe over done the fixings when putting them back?

2retro

Reaction score
Nope, never ever seen that before! 😱

Kerr

Reaction score
The lights on the BMW M235i cracked before, but just small cracks and nothing like that. That looks like damage.

The cracks on the BMW lights started from a central point that looked to be where the injection mould started. There was an obvious little dimple/mould mark at the centre..

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks to me that it is stress related did work in a plastic factory and used injection moulding machines and stress marks like that was common if mould was not hot enough for the plastic to flow, you might have got one that has slipped through the net on the qc side...

Pedro

Reaction score
Have you cleaned them with any type of chemically enhanced cleaners ? They look like stress fractures in the plastic ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Also the right rear looks like a small stone chip, whereas the one on the left looks more like a stress fracture.

JC1

Reaction score
My wife's RCZ has this on one side. Very expensive to replace.

Black panther

Reaction score
Hello and sorry for a veeeery late answer, i appriciate you guys reaching out!
I did have the car in for a paint correction job (polishing and coating) and i suspect this is the reason for the stress on the lights. I ended up painting the lights darker while i wait for new ones to appear on autodoc. And i quite like the look 😍
One thing is for certain, i wont pay 1400 euros for it in a local peugeot shop lol.

Attachments

• Rcz.png
    Rcz.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 10