What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cracked Wheel

VASS

Reaction score
At 15k miles I had the front two tyres changed, at the time the fitter remarked that one of my wheels was buckled, i.e. it had a flat spot on the inner edge not seen when the wheel if fitted to the car.

anyway, at 18,000 now and I thought I had a puncture, took it to the tyre fitter who removed the wheel and found the inner rim had now got a crack in it and air was spilling out at quite a rate of knots.

Doubtfull I'll claim warranty as yesterday with a flat tyre (unknown to me) I kerbed the wheel and the mark on the rim is exactly opposite the inner crack, so no ones gonna bleeive they are separate incidents.

so... anyone want to contribute towards a new wheel for me? with no spare[1], i'm off the road.

Vass

[1] stupid stupid cost saving french!

FGRob

Reaction score
When you look at the alloys, they are very close to the road due to the tyre profile so any bang is going to damage the rim for sure, also we have a wide rim which due to the dish being on the outside means the strength is only in the edge of the rim hence your flat spot.

You just have to watch out for big pot holes and don't try and drive up kerbs you will damage the wheel for sure.

I've got a spacer saver tyre fro sale if you want one. :thumbup: ;)

Rob.

VASS

Reaction score
£ 403 later, and what a farse!

Turned up yesterday to order the wheel, the main dealer in my area (sounds like Terry's, south coast near the Spinnaker tower) booked me in for 9am the next day. Great! no problem there.

turn up today 9am, and they take the keys, 9:45am and I start asking how long does it take to change 1 wheel? to be told they dont have the necessary equipment to balance a 19" wheel so they took it to a tyre dealer to do. (wait it gets better)

Then 15 mins later the car turns up, only they've changed the wrong wheel !

lots of shouting about my displeasure and after my problems before (this is my 2nd RCZ) you'd think they'd give it at least 1% more care

so they change the wheel again this time in 20 mins, but of course, they've not balanced the tyre in all the rush, obvious as the steering wheel now vibrates at speed and no fresh weights inside, still the original covered in brake dust (this is a different tyre now rotating the other way)

I drive it to work, phone the dealer to be told to take it to a tyre dealer and they will cover the cost of the balancing.

Am I being too expectant of a slightly better service here? I mean really? £ 25,000 car £ 400 wheel ? and they don't give a hoot!

No need to name and shame, I'm sure you can work it out.