What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cracked O/S DLR lens

KMG

Reaction score
Hi, I have a cracked lens on my offside DLR where it has been hit by a flying stone or similar. All works fine but doesn't look nice.

Is it a complete unit or can the lens itself be changed independently? Be a shame to have to change the whole unit for a cracked lens.

If anyone can give me the part number it would help in the search for a second hand unit. New seems to be around £400. Far too much to pay just because of a crack.

Anyone have a second hand unit?
It's a face lift 156 GT o/s DLR.

By the way, is it removed from underneath, it looks a bit inaccessible from the engine bay.

Regards,

Kevin

Flanners

Reaction score
whole unit I am sure and new prices are eye watering, get on eBay....NS one for 125 quid. OS sold earlier this evening for £100!!

search on here sure I read someone had to replace theirs

Last edited:

Dave jc

Reaction score
check what unit it is first, there are so many different types, halogen is far cheaper than xenon lights
I know by experience I brought the wrong ones, lucky for me Auto Doc took them back with a full refund.

KMG

Reaction score
whole unit I am sure and new prices are eye watering, get on eBay....NS one for 125 quid. OS sold earlier this evening for £100!!

search on here sure I read someone had to replace theirs
Thanks, will do. Will ring dealership tomorrow to see how much a new one is..just out of interest.
It's only a small star shaped 'ding' right in the outside 'corner', so it's effectively cosmetic. I'm thinking of finding some thickish frosted adhesive backed plastic sheet and making a little shaped patch to cover up the ding. Hopefully it will look like it's a frosted area that is part of the design...might sound a bit mad, but it would look ok I think, and save changing an otherwise perfectly good DRL unit. Worth a go, at least.

Also, while I'm here, these units are obviously LED, but are the actual LEDs replaceable or is it just a sealed unit with LEDs on a PCB or similar?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Flanners

Reaction score
Cool. New one on eBay is £400 same from Peugeot Parts on internet.......I reckon they will come up on ebay fairly often,,,,,good idea,,,,could try the tint for windows too would look ok I reckon! There are LED repair kits and a chap on ebay who does the brake lights (or was) he may be able to help out

KMG

Reaction score
Just rang local dealership..£500.
Surely that's taking the p*ss...for a few LEDs on a pcb, mounted in a plastic case. Why don't they design it with a removable lens?

Anyone with an o/s DRL for a facelift, please let me know...

Thanks.

KMG

Reaction score
What is the process for removing/fitting a DRL on a face-lift...is it accessed by lifting up the car...presumably don't have take anything off to get at them?