What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cracked dust guard

A

Anonymous

Hi im not sure what the discription is but ive cracked the guard under the spoiler reversing back and going slightly over the curb. Its kinda hanging down no.... gutted... does anyone know how i can rectify this its about 7 inches of a crack :|

Abzynthe

Reaction score
You could see if a body shop could platic weld it. But if it is the rear valance, you wont be able to hid the fix without painting it.
It might be cheaper to buy another one. But well worth asking a body shop for a quote.

A

Anonymous

Hi its front bumper, the guy at Halfords said its a plastic flap that stops dirt going into the engine.

He suggested black duct tape to tape it up ?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Ooh the under tray? Yeah they are really expensive so either tape it up as no one will see it, or remove it altogether. I was told mines broken aswell on the MOT but its secure so Ive left it.

A

Anonymous

That's so easily done!! The one on my new car grinds against the lip at my drive every time that I exit my driveway. I'd go with Abz's suggestion personally.

renegade79

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
That's so easily done!! The one on my new car grinds against the lip at my drive every time that I exit my driveway. I'd go with Abz's suggestion personally.

That must be a bit annoying? How is the new motor treating you rizz?

A

Anonymous

It is rather annoying...so much so that I'm tempted that to shave it down a bit.

Loving the new car thanks mate. It's absolutely lovely to drive in normal mode and a weapon in "VXR" mode. It ticks all the boxes for me and has provided a fitting replacement IMO. I'll always love the RCZ but I'm really pleased with the new ride which I've personalised and made a few subtle mods to. (I'm trying not to labour the point ;) )

A

Anonymous

Yeah it's...erm...a "bit" thirstier :lol: but not massively so if you're not thrashing it around endlessly. The first half a tank seems to go a lot quicker than the latter half though which I find perplexing!! I have to say though, I actually don't think I drive it as hard as my RCZ though...unless the road is particularly inviting. I think knowing that the power is always sitting in reserve means that I don't actually have to work the car that hard. You'll know what I mean soon enough Mac. Mind you...you probably already know given your car history mate.

To answer your question though, Shell love me...I just don't love their prices!! :lol:

frankvdb

Reaction score
If you can drive up the driveway under an angle you may be able to avoid contact.
That's also how cars that are lowered too much crawl over speed bumps...

This plate shattered when I hit a light post and in the calculation of the repair I think it is part no. 7453 78 and the price is EUR. 101.87 excl.VAT.

A

Anonymous

Funny u mention the fuel tank the R owners have been saying similar. The 1st half just disappears then the 2nd bit takes longer. Now it's either magic or u get shocked by the consumption and ease of the loud pedal and drive less like u've stole it and more like a pensioner :) 4 weeks to go :( oh sorry for high jacking ur thread u'll get used to it ;)