What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

cracked alloy wheel

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I've just suffered a slow puncture. On inspection have been advised that in addition to a new tyre costing £240 i need a new wheel as it has a small crack on the inside.

Garage advised me that it does not appear to have incurred impact damage however Peugeot dealership say that it has? I can not recall hitting a pothole, certainly not in the last 48 hours and will be trying to make a claim under the warranty.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

thanks.

Stephenm

A

Anonymous

I think i can recall another thread where an alloy has cracked :eusa-think:

Which alloy do you have.

A

Anonymous

Had the same issue on my 207thp gt 17 inch the dealer said that it was due to pothole damage and because the wheels are low profile it cost me over £200 to get new alloy . Looked at the one took off the balance weight was right next to the crack which makes me think that it was done when it was at factory. Only noticed due to tyre sensors saying low pressure all the time and it was in winter when the cold snap happen so it expanded the crack over time could happen in hot weather too ? . i don't think it will be covered on warranty.

Hope you get it sorted out soon

A

Anonymous

USER DELETED FOR SPAMMING said:

Thanks for the link But The link is for an American website which does not have Peugeot as a make of car in the dropdown box :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I had one of my 207 alloys do the same thing. Unfortunately it was literally 2 weeks out of warranty so Pug just washed their hands of me. They admitted they were faulty rather than damaged though. I had been experiencing the same as you, just constant gradually deflations that would need weekly/fortnightly pump ups. I thought it was a dodgy valve intially but when the tyre was off there was a visible hariline crack running from inside to outside the wheel.