What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Courtesy Cars

A

Anonymous

Is it common to be expected to insure a loan car yourself? Having driven Porsche and Audi for the last 15 or so years I am used to having a loan car dropped off, my car collected and the reverse on completion with no hassle or cost.

I had to use a dealer loan car the other day and they insisted I insure it and drop my car off to them. This means a change to my policy of £35 each time I do it. Now bearing in mind I only pay £200 per year fully comp for the RCZ it starts to become very costly. I have no accidents, claims, or convictions and am low risk.

Not to mention the fact I have had to take a day off work as well.

I this the nature of the low end of the market or am I being taken for a ride?

A

Anonymous

would you expect to insure a car from a dealer if you went to test drive it? Nope.

Think the dealer is pulling a fast one. Its a COURTESY car for the hassle you have for not having a car.

FGRob

Reaction score
I've had a bit of experience with this :oops: I find if the car is in for warranty then you get a car, no real questions asked except to see your driving licence, if it's in for service they tend to ask you to either cover with your insurance or they will insure providing you agree to their excess - normally about £500.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
Is this the nature of the low end of the market or am I being taken for a ride?

Nothing like making us all feel good! :wtf: :D

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
mr shiney said:
Is this the nature of the low end of the market or am I being taken for a ride?

Nothing like making us all feel good! :wtf: :D

LOL, sorry it was not meant to read like that. I was referring to the difference between the 'premier' brands and the 'high street' type brands.
;)

A

Anonymous

Well I borrowed a car of the dealer principal for a weekend. I didn't pay for insurance or fuel and they returned mine back to my place of work. Now that was service. Me thinks that the circumstances were somewhat different though. Not sure why I mentioned it really. Just to show off I guess.

A

Anonymous

I had to pay a small premium once on a courtesy car from an accident repairers, £25 if remember correctly.
But whenever i've had a loan car from a dealer then it has come fully "free of charge".

I think it's a case of shopping around for dealer/garage ect that appreciates you as a valued customer, and not as an easy way to fleece someone.

A

Anonymous

The last few courtesy cars I've had on my cars (from Peugeot and Seat) have been free - they've just asked that I replace whatever fuel I use (which seems fair enough).

The only time I've been charged for a courtesy car was when my wife's last car went in for a service - and that was a jaguar :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Haven't been charged for a Courtesy Car with other manufacturers - regardless of the situation.
They weren't even interested in the fuel.

First time with Peugeot so can't comment.

I'm hoping for a Peugeot 107 Courtesy Car - What engine is in those :shock:
Everytime one passes me - and I mean passes me - it's absolutely FLYING :auto-car:

Does it depend on where you are in the country for charging / not charging :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Haven't been charged for a Courtesy Car with other manufacturers - regardless of the situation.
They weren't even interested in the fuel.

First time with Peugeot so can't comment.

I'm hoping for a Peugeot 107 Courtesy Car - What engine is in those :shock:
Everytime one passes me - and I mean passes me - it's absolutely FLYING :auto-car:

Does it depend on where you are in the country for charging / not charging :eusa-think:

its a 1.0 3 Cylinder... sounds much better than the RCZ too! Like a baby 911 :beer:

A

Anonymous

Brings me back to my youth. Dahatsu GTti Twin Cam 12V Turbo. Went like the clappers!!!