What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant Leak from THP 200.

A

Anonymous

Hi. I have a 2010 THP200 Petrol RCZ. A week ago I got a low coolant message, topped it up with about 300ml water.

Today, same message and put in about 200ml of water.

Went for a 30 minute drive and when I got home there was coolant leaking under the car.

It appears to be coming from the front of the engine (right side of the car) on toward the cabin (as opposed to the front of the car).

I cannot see where it is coming from.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pete.garratt

Reaction score
A silly question, perhaps - particularly if you're not been hemisphere, however are you absolutely sure the drip you've seen isn't condensate from the air con?

If it is truly coolant, leaks generally leave whitish deposits. If you see any, try cleaning them off and see if they re-appear in a day or two.

A

Anonymous

Greetings Ian,

I had a similar issue with my Citroen C4 1.6 VTi 2009(same basic engine construction - naturally aspirated EP6 engine).

After a thorough examination of my engine bay, I found the thermostat housing has been leaking the coolant in the area where the housing is connected to the outlet pipe which itself connects to the water pump (pipe on the "back" of the engine).

Bought a new thermostat housing assembly, drained the coolant and replaced the "faulty" one.

Took me about 2-3 hours.

One way to diagnose a leaking thermostat is to actually "touch it" - its "underbelly" and "sides". I removed the front portion of the Air Intake assembly (up to the filter housing) and Battery to do that. I've also found leaking coolant on top of the gearbox housing.

I can post some pictures if you like.

Cheers :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the comments...

I took it to my local euro car mechanic (I'm in Australia).

It appears when the car was built they "forgot" to secure the hose coming from the firewall to the top-up tank. Consequently the hose worked its way down and was rubbing on the drive shaft and eventually wore through causing the leak.

They replaced the hose and coolant, all good now.

Its a Dec 2010 build RCZ done about 33000K's

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted & thanks for the update :thumbup: