What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

comments on my R

Charlie1875

Reaction score
hi all, I’ve recently bought a rcz r and I’m surprised by the initial comments from friends, family and neighbour’s,

these comments so far are:

1. You must be having a mid life crisis.

2. Have you changed your career and become a hairdresser.

3. It looks like you have driven through a Halfords shop front.

4. don’t like the fixed rear spoiler, but at least there is somewhere to put your mug of tea.

As it stands nobody has said it looks nice or unusual or even sporty, the only person who seems to like it is me!

I’m still waiting for a positive comment on it, has anyone experienced similar negative response?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are all comments from envious people, I’ve had the same from family and friends when I first bought my car but they’re just having a laugh, I’ve never owned a car and I’ve owned some nice motors, that’s prompted people to comment on how nice it is then you’ll get “what is it?”
move had load of people men and women come over in petrol stations and say how great the car looks, I’ve caught people having photos taken stood next to it too!
So don’t worry you’ll get plenty of love for your car 👍🏻

Flanners

Reaction score
Do you really care what people think you bought the car, not them.....or you've made a big mistake and better chop it in for a BMW, Audi or something equally mundane 'to fit in'

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Yes, I agree, some of the comments were said tongue in cheek, and of course I bought it because I wanted i, it’s certainly different which to me is half the appeal, im giving it a service tomorrow including rear discs and pads which were surprisingly cheap!

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Hairdressers car….Good god I’ve been getting that comment for years:D…..I’ve been grey for the last 20 ruddy years:(

DKZ5745

Reaction score
They’re probably all the kind of people who would buy a car because they like the colour 🤦‍♂️

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I would only buy a car that's got a plug for my hair dryer lol 😂
What did you say DKZ what hair lol 😂

indoldn

Reaction score
Yes, I agree, some of the comments were said tongue in cheek, and of course I bought it because I wanted i, it’s certainly different which to me is half the appeal, im giving it a service tomorrow including rear discs and pads which were surprisingly cheap!
If you haven't bought them already & fancy having rear discs which have similar pattern to front check out pug1off or mtec Peugeot RCZ-R Godspeed Rear Discs