What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch (I think) Smell

A

Anonymous

Got the petrol RCZ with 156 horses.

Thick ice in Glasgow this morning. Was carrying out hill-start and skidding on ice, so was revving like mad with clutch at biting point. The smell that came from somewhere was disgusting, and I've noticed it a couple of times now (although not as bad).

Anyone else get this / any ideas what it is?

Cheers in advance folks.

A

Anonymous

same happens with every car under such circumstances.
don't worry. unless you do it long to overheat.

A

Anonymous

A Stinky fishy smell ?
Answer :
Clutch plate burning under load, as Orange says it's normal in all cars when the driver puts the clutch under too much load.
Try not to do it to often as you will eventually burn the clutch out prematurely :thumbdown:

PS,
If you werent driving at the time of this nose tickling stink then you need :helpme: and a visit to the docs is highly recommended. :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
A Stinky fishy smell ?
Answer :
Clutch plate burning under load, as Orange says it's normal in all cars when the driver puts the clutch under too much load.
Try not to do it to often as you will eventually burn the clutch out prematurely :thumbdown:

PS,
If you werent driving at the time of this nose tickling stink then you need :helpme: and a visit to the docs is highly recommended. :oops: :lol:

Aye, that's the smell.

Thanks for that. At least I know it's not the wife :D

A

Anonymous

Alba said:
jactac said:
A Stinky fishy smell ?
Answer :

PS,

Aye, that's the smell.

Thanks for that. At least I know it's not the wife :D

LOL. :lol:
Glad you said that not me :roll:

A

Anonymous

I Love a fishy smell you know the jobs a goodun :lol: :lol: