What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clock on RCZ without Sat Nav

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Was wondering if anybody's clock spins round to the right time every time they start up the car. Apparently this is supposed to happen but mine doesn't. I have seen it spin when I have changed the time but apart from this it is just a normal clock, always showing the correct time. I note in the manual it refers to the multifunction menu but I cannot find where this is, and wondered whether this is just available when you have the Sat Nav.

Any help would be much appreciated. :thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZDOG said:
Hi All

Was wondering if anybody's clock spins round to the right time every time they start up the car. Apparently this is supposed to happen but mine doesn't. I have seen it spin when I have changed the time but apart from this it is just a normal clock, always showing the correct time. I note in the manual it refers to the multifunction menu but I cannot find where this is, and wondered whether this is just available when you have the Sat Nav.

Any help would be much appreciated. :thumbup:
Never seen that happen and can't understand why you would need it too, if it spins in my books it's broke :wtf: :wtf:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Same here - mine only spins when you change the time through the menus.

A

Anonymous

Can't say I've noticed - although I really haven't looked.

I'll have a look tomorrow morning to see what happens.

Tend to agree with FGRob - If it's spinning, it sounds like it's broke ??

A

Anonymous

Wouldn't the clock keep time by running off the car battery whilst the engine is switched-off and therefore wouldn't need to set itself every time the engine was started?

A

Anonymous

I just remember a sales person saying the clock is really cool as when you turn off the engine the clock stays at that time and then when you turn it back on it spins round to the correct time. Just thought mine weren't working but maybe sales person got it wrong. Thanks all.

A

Anonymous

I picked up mine today so asked my dealer about this. He said it was to do with the fact that the clock's time is set by a gps sync to gmt. The handbook confirms this. So its resetting its time on a new satellite reading I guess.

A

Anonymous

This may sound strange, but I have a watch that up-dates itself via mobile phone masts so maybe the clock without Sat Nav works in the same way :-}

A

Anonymous

Checked this morning.

Clock retains current time and no spinning when the ignition is turned on / engine started.

The (analogue) clock is set via the controls where you manually input the time.

A

Anonymous

Prior to the cars being Pdi'd its systems are not correctly set up and in these circumstances the clock does spin as described every time the car is started BUT it shouldnt do this once PDi'd.

regards

Marcus