What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cleaning aluminium roof pillars

Malcf70

Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone got a good cleaning tip for the silver roof pillars ? Always comes back from the car wash and the pillars look faded and worn !
I have been using a bit of wd40 on a cloth and wiping over seems to bring them up well but doesn’t last .

Attachments

• 05E5D1ED-C70D-4223-9E0F-EAA555ECB27D.jpeg
    05E5D1ED-C70D-4223-9E0F-EAA555ECB27D.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 28
  • 77ED3D22-65F9-4AF7-8D11-F78CFCC67F96.jpeg
    77ED3D22-65F9-4AF7-8D11-F78CFCC67F96.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 28

Woodso

Reaction score
Dettol Power & Pure Kitchen Cleaner. A a little sprayed on a paper towel and all the water marks come off, then rubbed down with a clean dry cloth.

Rvdenden

Reaction score
I tried a trim cleaner, fabulous and long lasting result!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a previous post I tried it and worked wonders highly recommend Screenshot_20210604-131914.png
Hope this helps you out and other RCZers
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
I used the Autosol metal polish which cleans the road film off

Dai-San

Reaction score
I second the Autosol for cleaning them up but they will soon fade and mark again.

Only way to protect them is to lacquer them as far as I can see. Might look into the cost of that when I have the wheels refurbed.

77minty77

Reaction score
Anyone ever polish roof pillars ? and wax or ceramic coat to protect ?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Try auto glym bumper gel on both black and chrome arches and see what results you get, no hard rubbing and the black go back to black and the chrome gives you a mirror shine...

Woodso

Reaction score
I think from the different suggestions of what to use on the arches, that it is a case of finding a product which suits and just sticking with it.

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Have today tried the Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel on my water stained chrome arches. Worked a treat and brought them back to looking new. Cleaned them off using white vinegar first then polished with the Autoglym.- seems to leave a protective finish and replenishes the factory lacquer over the aluminium.

autoglym.png

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Have today tried the Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel on my water stained chrome arches. Worked a treat and brought them back to looking new. Cleaned them off using white vinegar first then polished with the Autoglym.- seems to leave a protective finish and replenishes the factory lacquer over the aluminium.

View attachment 12070
Good to hear that someone has taken my advice and tried this out and found that the results are amazing.,and at a low price too...
If in doubt give it a go the results talk for themselves......

Les n Co

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Yep - thanks for the heads up Verminator. I had previously tried white vinegar on its own which seemed to work OK but then the water marks came back soon after. Bought the Autoglym as you suggested and it has worked brilliantly - they look like new.

Also saved me about £250 as I was thinking of getting them wrapped or taking them off to PlastiDip them. Now I don't need to do either.

Thanks to Verminator.

Bad Dog

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Your more than welcome. Bad Dog...
Hope many more RCZers try it out and they will see for themselves..
Cheers for the thanks. 👍
Les n Co