What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cigarette/Spoiler/Control centre panel removal

Gara

Reaction score
I have just got my LHD RCZ 2010 and in my keenness to change everything to "English" I pushed the control button in the centre console (the one under the Ciggy and spoiler switch) and it fell into the console. Does anyone know how to get the panel off so I can thread the switch back through the hole? Thanks guys.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just got my LHD RCZ 2010 and in my keenness to change everything to "English" I pushed the control button in the centre console (the one under the Ciggy and spoiler switch) and it fell into the console. Does anyone know how to get the panel off so I can thread the switch back through the hole? Thanks guys.
You just need a plastic trim removal tool or if your really careful not to scratch anything a small flat blade screwdriver and prise out the whole switch panel

Gara

Reaction score
Thank you. I have one of those and gave it ago but it was fixed tight. I just need to be a bit more forceful I guess. It's been on there for 12 years afterall. Do you know if you pry it from the top (giggy lighter end) or the bottom. May be even the sides?

Gara

Reaction score
Another thing. The driver's seat will only raise up (vertical) a few centimeters, the passenger one goes up quite high. they are manual ones. As I'm a bit of a short ass, I need the seat to go up further so I can see!!!!! I was going to take the seat out and see if the mechanism was missing a few teeth but then noticed it has an airbag. So fearing I activate the airbag whilst playing around with it - I may end up being the one missing a few teeth! Any thoughts anyone?

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Not sure about your seat, but this pic may help with unclipping the panel/trim?
At least you can guess where to concentrate on.

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 21

Gara

Reaction score
This was very helpful. Plucked up the courage to look at the cogs that lift the seat today. Bit of a faff but not too difficult. Everything seems to work as it should, all teeth present, mechanism working as it should, just doesn't lift the seat as high as the passenger one or as high as I would like it. Hey ho, so bought a "booster cushion" Regression in progress... all I need is the Satnav to start asking, "are we there yet"?

Gara

Reaction score
Beauty! That's the GTi, 4xLegs, Autograph, Black, Limited Edition, Avantgarde, eco-line, UltraSport model if I'm not mistaken. You don't see to many of those around! Tantrum restraints with dual tensioners, Self leveling rice pudding tray with spill diffuser, split, all terrain supports with rotating auto adjust high performance kickplates (in carbon fiber by the looks of it). A future classic no doubt. If I ever win the bingo... who knows!🤓