What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Chrome wheel arches

A

Anonymous

Hi
I'm a newbie and collect on 1 aug. Pearl white launch edition 129/200. Read on here that the chrome wheel arches corrode. Should I get dealer to check that they have been changed before I take delivery, not sure what to do. Any help/advice appreciated. Also when/why do you use the SD slot. Thanks guys!

A

Anonymous

Chrome roof arches you mean they don't corrode only some members have. Had marks on them which the dealer's have sorted out as for the card that's a satnav addition for gsm phones but it also has Bluetooth connectivity as well for your mobile phone

A

Anonymous

Ps. The roof arches aren't chrome more like a satin finished aluminum

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome from another female forum member :)

The launch editions came with smoked chrome roof arches, which were prone to corrosion and which were withdrawn soon afterwards because of the issue of the paint not adhering properly.

If the roof arches are smoked ie black looking, then I would suggest that they were replaced, as the problem will surely occur at some point. I believe the roof arches were replaced with the standard roof arches - ie what you see on most RCZs (apart from Ron's ;) )

Don't forget to post some pics when you pick your car up on Wednesday :)

A

Anonymous

Hi
Doh, yes meant roof arches, not wheel arches. Thanks for the advice, will get the dealer to check.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Welcome to the family ! I am sure you will enjoy driving your RCZ as we all do (not your RCZ but ours ... lol ;) ). If you have any questions, as you can tell ask them here. Again welcome and looking forward to pics of your baby.