What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power CPOP 15th-17th June 2012

A

Anonymous

Quick intro from myself.

My name is Adrian Walker and I am the Group Leader for the Staffordshire and Chesire group over on the "PSCUK" (Peugeot Sport Club UK) forum, back in July this year I arranged a club stand at the growing and best attended car and power show in the North of UK.

Cholmondeley is a show that has now been run for the past five years on the outskirts of Chesire in the grounds of Cholmondeley Castle. The grounds have a vast arena area, and also a short hill runtrack that some very fine exotica runs timed runs over the whole weekend.

Checkout http://www.cpop.co.uk for details, ticket prices for the whole weekend are available to us at discounted prices and as soon as I get details of how to get the discount I will share this with you all.

Following on from last year stand that we had, I am looking for a greater diversity of the Peugeot Brand. After having seen the superb display and attractions at this years Pugfest I felt it only right to extend an invite to anyone who would like to display an RCZ on the Peugeot Stand. Last year we had a variety of 205, 306, on display but wouldlove to have some of the more up to date Peugeot power that is available.

It was a really well organised event whereby people attending got to see and walk amongst the paddock and admire some wonderful machinery.

2011 event on our forum.

http://psooc.com/threads/70969-Cholmond ... 1-Cheshire

If anyone is interested in attending for the weekend please let me know soonest as I have to decide what size Car Club Pitch we are to be allocated, it would be great to get a 20 car Stand with a mix of the retro 80's, 90's and the stunning latest Peugeot models.

Your thoughts on this and any feedback on what you feel may help to attract some of the more modern cars into the clan are welcome, and actually invited.

Please respond ASAP not neccesarily to book tickets but to gauge interest would be superb.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Adrian AKA PVFCpug

A

Anonymous

Hey Adrian, there are some great looking RCZs on here, I'm sure someone would love to join you!

A

Anonymous

Well that was 20 mins of my life I won't get back trying to register on your web site seems you can't register if you don't want to give your phone number.
Oh Well never mind life must go on :)

A

Anonymous

Adrian, I have never been to anything like this but it sounds very interesting.

Are you looking for cars that have been modified by their owners to look different or just normal cars?

A

Anonymous

To Confirm

Dates for CPOP 2012

15-17th June 2012

The Marquess of Cholmondeley has confirmed that the 5th Cholmondeley Pageant of Power will take place from Friday 15th to Sunday 17th June – a month earlier than the event's usual July slot.

In 2012, the Pageant will feature a range of new displays on land, water and in the air. The competition on track promises to be fierce with the further expansion of the Supercar Class launched this year.

Highlights from 2011

Over 50,000 visitors attended the 3 day event
Preview Friday and the inaugural 'Magnificent Marques' featured exclusive track runs by invited guests of Jaguar, Ford & Bentley
The Start Hospitality Suite – the new high end hospitality venue managed by Chester Racecourse Company was booked out throughout the weekend by corporate and VIP guests
The creation of a new Supercar Class – featuring cars from Top Gear's 'Top 3 Leader Board':
Ariel Atom V8
McLaren MP4-12C
Bugatti Veyron
Green-Car-Guide Live! – an exhibition of the latest green cars - petrol, diesel, hybrid and electric - both on and off the track gave visitors a rare opportunity to see the latest green cars in one place north of London
Saturday evening's Military Tattoo and Fireworks Concert was performed on a balmy evening in front of an 8,000 strong crowd
The popular military combat assault demonstration was performed once again to provide the unique spectacle that has become a mainstay of the Pageant of Power
Air displays included the British champion, Mark Jefferies for the Abarth Team and the hard fought Tri-Services helicopter competition supported by Breitling

Star Cars & Bikes of 2011

The Bentley Continental Supersport, the world ice speed record breaking car was partnered again with world record rally driver, Juha Kankkunen
Sinsheim Museum's entries featuring the Bohmerland 3 seater bike and the Brutus with its massive 46-litre V12 engine made a popular return
The Nissan Juke two wheel stunt drive attempted to break the world record and provided a riveting display
The Lindner Nocker Lightweight Jaguar, the only modified/factory built low drag coupe Jaguar, exquisitely restored by Peter Neumark and his team duly won the 'Best Heritage Jaguar in Show', judged by Ian Callum, Head of Design at Jaguar
The unveiling of the new BAC Mono, a Cheshire designed and built lightweight, ultra high performance road legal sports vehicle
Nissan's LEAF NISMO RC, a purpose built electric racecar was driven publically for only the 2nd time in the UK

A

Anonymous

To answer a few questions last year we took part in all the three days of displaying. The main event is the Saturday and Sunday with overnight camping for anyone who requires it.

Any Peugeot Car is welcome, standard, modified, track, etc.

This is last years line up.

A wet Display

Modified Twin V6 track car

Show winner from Pugfest

Last year the format followed this.

Thursday Evening

Set up Camp at Camping site so we can all be together, just a few for Thursday night
Claim Stand

Friday (Press Preview Day)

Put cars on Stand so we have a presence ( just a few for Friday)
Best day for actually getting to look around Paddock area as less people, great for Photos
Rest of attendees arrive for Camping at site and set up Barby and everything

Saturday & Sunday

Either take cars to stand (if they have not been left overnight)
Wander at will meeting up at stand occasionally to answer public queries etc.
Saturday night Classical Concert with massive fireworks display for the cultured.

All in it was a great weekend of banter and the show.

A

Anonymous

i am up for it but not sure on if i would be there all week but wouldn't say no to coming down and putting my baby on show.

thats saying might not fit in with the modified peugeots on the stand

considering its one of the manufactured accessorised RCZ's