What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Child Seat

A

Anonymous

Hi, I am looking to buy a RCZ, can anyone tell me if they have managed to fit a child seat in the back of one that allows the child to have enough leg room without the passenger seat having to be folded right down please.

It's the only thing stoping me from buying a beautiful car and I need to make a quick decision so please help!

A

Anonymous

I've looked in the manual and a child seat can be fitted.

I would not imagine that you would not need to fold the front seat down for a baby seat, my son is 5' 11" and can sit in the back without his legs hitting the front seats, obviously he's not in a baby seat, but i sometimes think he should be :lol:

One thing i will say is that when the front seats are fully forward and tilted for getting in and out of the back it is still a bit of a narrow space between the side of the front seat and the door pillar, the electric seats IMO do not go forward enough to help with access to the rear., :eusa-think:

There is a massive boot though and the rear seats drop so you could put baby in there and then be able to buy your stunning looking car. :thumbup: :lol:

Always a solution and happy to help . ;)

A

Anonymous

Thanks

A seat can be fitted for certain but I need to find one that leaves room for her legs to dangle. Our current seat was so close to the passenger chair that her legs would need to be up in the air and rest on the head rest. Not sure that would be too comfortable.

Still lovely looking car though!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

The handbook shows that universal car seats can be fitted in the front passenger seat and both rear seats. One exclusion to this is that Group 0 (birth to 10kg) infant car seats and car cots cannot be installed on the front passenger seat.

There are ISOFIX points in the rear seats, with top tether loops located under the cover behind the top of the backrest on the rear seat.

To answer your specific question though, the handbook just states that when fitting child seats in the rear, move the front seat forward, then put the seat back in the upright position to leave enough space for the child's legs. The front seat can be moved forward further than the intermediate longitudinal position if more room is required.

This would suggest that it is possible to have a child seat installed and for a child to use it without having to fold the seat right down.

As jactac stated, I have also had both my kids sat in the back (daughter 9, and son 12) without any issues, and I am sure the average 12 year old takes up more room than a child seat and infant.....

A

Anonymous

Excellent thank you very much, I have placed a deposit, I will go on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow and pick up when I get back, yipeeee.